Author Topic: How much do you know about the Second Amendment? A quiz.  (Read 1376 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
How much do you know about the Second Amendment? A quiz.
« on: December 18, 2012, 11:13:02 pm »
How much do you know about the Second Amendment? A quiz.

After decades of inactivity, the US Supreme Court in 2008 began a major reexamination of the scope of the right to keep and bear arms, an issue that has long ignited passionate debate and prompted powerful political lobbying.

How well do you understand this constitutional evolution? Take our quiz to test your knowledge.

- Warren Richey

take the quiz here
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rapunzel

Re: How much do you know about the Second Amendment? A quiz.
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 11:25:40 pm »
These are always fun to take.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 05:03:56 am »
10 out of 12, although I disagree with one answer the quiz marked as incorrect; although Scalia suggested that owning shoulder-fired missiles was beyond the 2nd Amendment, until the Court hears a case that actually touches on that subject it is impossible to know.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 05:24:09 am »
10 out of 12, although I disagree with one answer the quiz marked as incorrect; although Scalia suggested that owning shoulder-fired missiles was beyond the 2nd Amendment, until the Court hears a case that actually touches on that subject it is impossible to know.

I actually got that one marked correct because I listened to an interesting interview this morning on the BLAZE TV between Ted Nugent and Joe "Pags" and they had a long discussion about the second amendment and Scalia's take on it.. he stressed "what you can carry" and while they are called shoulder mounted, I don't think that met the test Scalia was referring to - thus how I scored it on the exam and got it right according to the testers.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 02:35:36 pm »
The Second Amendment explained by a 14 year old Girl.  [She gets it]

Gun Control according to King George III

In England, King George III, wanting to suppress the rebellious spirit of the colonist, stripped the colonist of their right to bear arms through “an aggressive gun control program in 1774-1776.” England banned the import of guns and ammunition, confiscated the colonist personal guns and gunpowder and the central repositories that served as a “holding room” for the towns guns and powder. British soldiers placed Boston under military occupation and went house to house confiscating firearms, the British navy threatened to bombard and destroy towns. You can now see why citizens “right to bear arms was so important to our founders.

THE BOTTOM LINE
The second Amendment establishes that the militia has the right to secure a state, and you have the right to own a firearm for defense

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?
Our Founding Fathers believed the right to bear arms protects the First Amendment, and it was the best guarantee for the United States and its people to remain free.

WHY SHOULD I CARE?
Amendment II of the United States Constitution is among the most cherished rights of American citizens. If the right to bear arms is infringed upon, the chances for invasion and tyrannical control of America greatly increases.

BREAKING IT DOWN
The Amendment gives the people the right to bear arms, or own guns, even if not in the military. States also are allowed to organize their own militias.

Juliette Turner  age 14 from her book Our Constitution Rocks!
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn