Author Topic: The End Is Near! Are YOU Ready? [Mayan Calendar]  (Read 2441 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
The End Is Near! Are YOU Ready? [Mayan Calendar]
« on: December 02, 2012, 04:56:26 pm »
LOL!  Just noticed we've less than 3 weeks to go.

If we took a minute and thought.....where would I want to be?  What would I want to be doing?

Me?  Buying 'beachfront' property in Iowa, of course.     

Anyone else?    :seeya:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Re: The End Is Near! Are YOU Ready? [Mayan Calendar]
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 05:03:09 pm »
I don't think I'd want to be anywhere different than where I am most days: with my wife doing the things we do each day, sharing intimacy.  It's nice to be at a point in life where one knows what one likes and what one doesn't like (as well as what one must avoid because one likes it TOO much).   To be at that point in life and to share it with someone who is totally in tune with me is a real blessing.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 05:05:09 pm »
Did I do all this Christmas shopping for nothing?....next question should I do my holiday baking?....hmmmmm
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 05:09:32 pm »
I don't think I'd want to be anywhere different than where I am most days: with my wife doing the things we do each day, sharing intimacy.  It's nice to be at a point in life where one knows what one likes and what one doesn't like (as well as what one must avoid because one likes it TOO much).   To be at that point in life and to share it with someone who is totally in tune with me is a real blessing.

:beer:  Well said, Sir!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 05:11:43 pm »
Did I do all this Christmas shopping for nothing?....next question should I do my holiday baking?....hmmmmm

ROFL!   That IS a dilemma, isn't it?  :shrug:

Just don't make fruitcakes.   We don't want future humans to find them.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 05:49:16 pm »

The Mayans weren't very good at foreseeing their own demise, so why believe them now that they have been extinct for centuries??

Offline Labette

• Show us on this doll where Trump made it hurt.
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 07:24:41 pm »
Procrastination pays!

I may not have to remodel that dreaded bathroom after all !

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 10:35:55 pm »

When you have that one person in your life that is the real blessing, enjoy every minute for you don't know when it will be the last.  There is a lot of people we can live with,but only one you can't live without and that is when you know you found your true soul mate.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 12:42:09 am »
When you have that one person in your life that is the real blessing, enjoy every minute for you don't know when it will be the last.  There is a lot of people we can live with,but only one you can't live without and that is when you know you found your true soul mate.

Thanks, Rap.  I know I have a keeper!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 12:45:03 am »
Procrastination pays!

I may not have to remodel that dreaded bathroom after all !

Mike is that you?.... :silly:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 01:21:25 am »
I'm planning on catching an international flight going West. I'm thinking, if I can time the international date line just right, I may be able to skip the 21st altogether. I'll go directly from 20th to the 22nd.

Me and the other people on the plane will then have to repopulate the Earth...i think?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Oceander

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 08:51:36 pm »
I'm planning on catching an international flight going West. I'm thinking, if I can time the international date line just right, I may be able to skip the 21st altogether. I'll go directly from 20th to the 22nd.

Me and the other people on the plane will then have to repopulate the Earth...i think?

Awesome plan!  I like it!

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012, 08:56:43 pm »

Damn...now that is the ultimate plan.  And considering where the dateline is, there are many paradise-like islands with airstrips available to choose as a South Pacific landing spot!
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2012, 07:56:28 pm »
Mayan apocalypse: panic spreads as December 21 nears

Ahead of December 21, which marks the conclusion of the 5,125-year "Long Count" Mayan calendar, panic buying of candles and essentials has been reported in China and Russia, along with an explosion in sales of survival shelters in America. In France believers were preparing to converge on a mountain where they believe aliens will rescue them.

The precise manner of Armageddon remains vague, ranging from a catastrophic celestial collision between Earth and the mythical planet Nibiru, also known as Planet X, a disastrous crash with a comet, or the annihilation of civilisation by a giant solar storm.

In America Ron Hubbard, a manufacturer of hi-tech underground survival shelters, has seen his business explode.

"We've gone from one a month to one a day," he said. "I don't have an opinion on the Mayan calendar but, when astrophysicists come to me, buy my shelters and tell me to be prepared for solar flares, radiation, EMPs (electromagnetic pulses) ... I'm going underground on the 19th and coming out on the 23rd. It's just in case anybody's right."

In the French Pyrenees the mayor of Bugarach, population 179, has attempted to prevent pandemonium by banning UFO watchers and light aircraft from the flat topped mount Pic de Bugarach.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/9730618/Mayan-apocalypse-panic-spreads-as-December-21-nears.html

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2012, 10:36:11 pm »

Definitive proof of coming disaster in 8 days!