Author Topic: 'Storage Wars' star Dave Hester says show is fake, suing, report says  (Read 1231 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/12/11/torage-wars-star-dave-hester-says-show-is-fake-suing-report-says/print

'Storage Wars' star Dave Hester says show is fake, suing, report says

By Leora Arnowitz

Published December 11, 2012

| FoxNews.com

NEW YORK –  “Storage Wars” may have a real war brewing with one of its stars.

Dave Hester , one of the show’s cast members, has filed a multi-million dollar lawsuit against the show, according to RadarOnline.

In his lawsuit, Hester is claiming the series is fake, and he says when he made complaints to the network about the staged portions of the show he was fired, Radar reported.

The popular A&E reality show follows auctioneers and buyers as they bid on various storage units blindly and then raid their purchases in hopes of finding treasures.

According to Radar, Hester claims show producers plant valuable items in the units to presumably make the show more interesting. The suit also claims the show rigs the bidding process. In one part of Hester’s suit, he goes so far as to say the network paid for one female cast member’s plastic surgery to increase her sex appeal and make her more appealing to viewers.

In the lawsuit, Hester claims the show deceives the public and that he was fired when he tried to question the authenticity of the reality series.

But a rep from the A&E told FOX 411 no such lawsuit exists to the network’s knowledge.

“We do not know about a lawsuit being filed and we do not comment on pending or threatened litigation,” the rep said in an email.

The rep would not comment on whether or not Hester was still with the show.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: 'Storage Wars' star Dave Hester says show is fake, suing, report says
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 07:36:25 pm »
There is nothing real about Reality TV.   They should all have a disclaimer stating “This show is for entertainment purposes only and in no way reflects actual events”.     Case in point Pawn Stars. There are web sites devoted to the phoniness of the show. Many of the items are borrowed from local curious and museums, and a person brings it in with a scripted dialog.  One show had a guy bring in a Confederate oval belt buckle with CSA on it, with a minie ball hole in it. So as usual they call in the local expert, who goes on and on about the history of the minie ball, only to end the segment with, saying it is a fake because the Confederates never had a oval belt buckle with CSA on it.    Wrongo!   When I heard him say that I grabbed my son’s Civil War artifact book, and there was a page full of them. Just like the one on the show.

Also, you don’t just walk into a store and not notice the multiple cameras, sound equipment, lights and reflectors.  I love counting the camera angles.

The only one I think comes close to being real is COPS, but it’s creation  predates today’s phony reality shows. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn