Author Topic: Scientists May Have Finally Unlocked Puzzle of Why People Are Gay  (Read 905 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

Support the USO

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
Re: Scientists May Have Finally Unlocked Puzzle of Why People Are Gay
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 03:43:00 PM »
Another example of how political correctness permeates and corrupts science.  They are so desperate for a genetic explanation, they'll make one up without any evidence whatsoever.  All the evidence to date suggests that homosexuality can be either a genetic behavior or a learned behavior, or both.  The evidence also suggests that in the majority of cases, it is learned.  This evidence flies in the face of the political aspirations of gays, who find it absolutely necessary to prove that their sexual inclinations are beyond their control.  Doing so would make them equivalent to racial minorities and the disabled, and therefore subject to the preferential treatment afforded to Democrat-aligned victim groups.

Since academics are a Democrat-aligned group as well, you can bet there will be plenty of research "proving" the genetic link to homosexuality.  It will be right up there with the science on global warming in terms of academic integrity.
"She only coughs when she lies."

Offline jmyrlefuller

• Krampus
  • Angry goat-like creature
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 08:27:50 PM »
The most humorous thing about this in my eyes is that it's not even a study we're talking about here. It's just two scientists opining on a hypothesis-- no better than James Hansen's rantings.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 08:40:27 PM »
Another example of how political correctness permeates and corrupts science.  They are so desperate for a genetic explanation, they'll make one up without any evidence whatsoever.  All the evidence to date suggests that homosexuality can be either a genetic behavior or a learned behavior, or both.  The evidence also suggests that in the majority of cases, it is learned.  This evidence flies in the face of the political aspirations of gays, who find it absolutely necessary to prove that their sexual inclinations are beyond their control.  Doing so would make them equivalent to racial minorities and the disabled, and therefore subject to the preferential treatment afforded to Democrat-aligned victim groups.

Since academics are a Democrat-aligned group as well, you can bet there will be plenty of research "proving" the genetic link to homosexuality.  It will be right up there with the science on global warming in terms of academic integrity.

As the article mentions, the one thing which constantly blows the "we're born that way" theory out of the water is identical twins where one is not homosexual.  They will never, ever give up though in trying to find the "gay gene" or some other BS to back up their beliefs.

I think it is mostly due to something in childhood, usually molestation by an adult of the same sex.  On occasion perhaps someone's brain is just screwed up and makes then more susceptible to being homosexual, but it is still their choice.  Millions of people have a disposition to things like drinking, drugs, gambling, or other behaviors but every day they choose to control those urges and not engage in destructive behavior.

And if homosexuality wasn't a choice, then why is it every single time I created an account on a dating website like Match.com did I get hit on by every flipping guy in my area even though my profile said I am straight?  If it is all genetic, then there is no way they could "flip/switch" me to their side, but they always tried.  It is the reason I do not even attempt Internet dating anymore.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 08:45:07 PM by Atomic Cow »
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 07:58:28 AM »
And if homosexuality wasn't a choice, then why is it every single time I created an account on a dating website like Match.com did I get hit on by every flipping guy in my area even though my profile said I am straight?  If it is all genetic, then there is no way they could "flip/switch" me to their side, but they always tried.  It is the reason I do not even attempt Internet dating anymore.

You should be flattered, honored even .  Homosexuals engage in a form of sex that is higher order than crude heterosexual sex.  All enlightened people know that. 
"She only coughs when she lies."

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf