Author Topic: 3,000 US troops secretly return to Iraq via Kuwait  (Read 2340 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
3,000 US troops secretly return to Iraq via Kuwait
« on: December 11, 2012, 02:19:20 am »
http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2012/12/09/277127/3000-us-troops-secretly-return-to-iraq/

Over 3,000 US troops have secretly returned to Iraq via Kuwait for missions pertaining to the recent developments in Syria and northern Iraq, Press TV reports.

According to our correspondent, the US troops have secretly entered Iraq in multiple stages and are mostly stationed at Balad military garrison in Salahuddin province and al-Asad air base in al-Anbar province.

Reports say the troops include US Army officers and almost 17,000 more are set to secretly return to Iraq via the same route.

All US troops left Iraq by the end of 2011, after nine years of occupation, as required by a 2008 bilateral security agreement between the two countries. The troops left Iraq for the neighboring Kuwait.

Washington decided to pull out all its troops from Iraq after Baghdad refused to grant legal immunity to the remaining US soldiers.

Washington claims that the only US military presence left in Iraq now is 157 soldiers responsible for training at the US Embassy, as well as a small contingent of marines protecting the diplomatic mission.

US-led forces attacked Iraq in 2003 and toppled Saddam Hussein on the pretext of possessing weapons of mass destruction. But no WMD was ever discovered in Iraq. At the peak of the US-led military operation in Iraq, there were 170,000 US troops and more than 500 bases in Iraq.

More than one million Iraqis were killed as the result of the US-led invasion and subsequent occupation of the country, according to the California-based investigative organization Project Censored.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

famousdayandyear

Re: 3,000 US troops secretly return to Iraq via Kuwait
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 02:42:30 am »
Guess it's not so secret according to press.tv

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 03:02:45 am »
Guess it's not so secret according to press.tv

I didn't know about it, but I am not surprised.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 03:09:05 am »

According to our correspondent, the US troops have secretly entered Iraq in multiple stages and are mostly stationed at Balad military garrison in Salahuddin province and al-Asad air base in al-Anbar province.

WoW. When I left Al Asad in 2010, shortly after the Marines departed, the place was practically a ghost town. To get and idea of it's size, the inner perimeter fence is 26 miles long. It had 4 dining facilities, and one must have easily covered 5 acres.
It was called "Camp Cupcake" by the troops because we had a swimming pool (and were authorized to use it), and we didn't have blast walls around all the separate compounds like Victory Base had. It is really in a wadi out in the middle of nowhere.
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

Offline Allegra

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 05:52:19 am »
All US troops left Iraq by the end of 2011, after nine years of occupation, as required by a 2008 bilateral security agreement between the two countries. The troops left Iraq for the neighboring Kuwait.

Not all.  A lot of the advise and assist troops stayed, in several different locations.

I see other inaccuracies in the article as well.  I don't doubt that there might have been an increase in troops, but I don't particularly trust this source.
Don not wait to. There was not the shadow of the wall and another shade of eye gaze, we don not go Nvragr not find the light went shadow Nnvr.

Offline Ford289HiPo

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 01:34:40 am »
Not all.  A lot of the advise and assist troops stayed, in several different locations.

I see other inaccuracies in the article as well.  I don't doubt that there might have been an increase in troops, but I don't particularly trust this source.

Did DoS ever get around to retaining the enduring bases. I know that Al Asad, Balad, and possibly Tajii were sites on the manifest. Apparently, our old employer is still there also.
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

Offline Allegra

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 01:40:01 am »
Did DoS ever get around to retaining the enduring bases. I know that Al Asad, Balad, and possibly Tajii were sites on the manifest. Apparently, our old employer is still there also.

Yep...in a reduced capacity.  Taji and Shield (both old stomping grounds of mine) were still up last I heard and apparently Erbil is hosting quite a few of us infidels.  I think JBB closed recently, but I could be wrong on that.
Don not wait to. There was not the shadow of the wall and another shade of eye gaze, we don not go Nvragr not find the light went shadow Nnvr.

Offline Ford289HiPo

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 01:42:26 am »
Yep...in a reduced capacity.  Taji and Shield (both old stomping grounds of mine) were still up last I heard and apparently Erbil is hosting quite a few of us infidels.  I think JBB closed recently, but I could be wrong on that.

We missed all the fun, eh?

Offline Allegra

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2012, 02:03:42 am »
We missed all the fun, eh?

Just barely.

They wanted me to stay throughout the drawdown, but I finished my mission and bailed.

I was there in the lean days when they were just building up.  I figured I'd let someone else have the fun of the spartan living conditions as they drew down.  We can't hog all the fun.   :silly:

Offline Ford289HiPo

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2012, 02:10:11 am »
Just barely.

They wanted me to stay throughout the drawdown, but I finished my mission and bailed.

I was there in the lean days when they were just building up.  I figured I'd let someone else have the fun of the spartan living conditions as they drew down.  We can't hog all the fun.   :silly:

Yeah, we can! I'm getting bored!

Geez - we almost had VBC to ourselves. So few green-suiters and (compared to 2007) not that many contractors either!

Offline Allegra

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2012, 03:25:34 am »
Yeah, we can! I'm getting bored!

Geez - we almost had VBC to ourselves. So few green-suiters and (compared to 2007) not that many contractors either!

They're looking for people in Iraq again.  I was contacted recently and in spite of my constant declaration that "I'm done with war zones!" I'm considering it...  :whistle: