Author Topic: Merry Christmas, Curtis and THANKS  (Read 902 times)

famousdayandyear

Merry Christmas, Curtis and THANKS
« on: December 07, 2012, 03:29:44 am »

Curtis Butler; saving the world one electric bill at a time
December 6th, 2012

Tequila Volare sends us a link to the story of veteran Curtis Butler who went to the local power company to pay his bill this week and ended up paying a few thousand dollars for the bills of folks he doesn’t know;

“Just being thankful for what I have,” said Curtis. “I’m not rich but when you can put a smile on someone’s face, that’s a major blessing.”

Curtis knows about struggling to pay the bills. After serving two tours in Iraq, he returned to the United States with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. There were problems with his military benefits that took time to resolve. In the meantime, Curtis spent some time living in his car on the streets of El Paso, Texas.

Now, he has his benefits and an apartment in Henry County. He’s about to get married.

“Last year, I’m sleeping in my car,” said Curtis. “This year I’m making somebody’s holiday dreams come true."

Merry Christmas, Curtis, and thanks.

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Merry Christmas, Curtis and THANKS
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 03:42:14 am »
Nice story
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776