Author Topic: OK, why didn’t Yukon Cornelius just shoot the dang Abominable?  (Read 1369 times)

Offline NavyCanDo

OK, why didn’t Yukon Cornelius just shoot the dang Abominable?
« on: December 06, 2012, 06:07:10 am »
Must have seen Rudolf the Red-nosed Reindeer 50 times or more in my life, and leave it to the brilliant observation of my 11 year old son to notice Yukon Cornelius carried a revolver in his belt.   When the Abominable was attacking him and his friends, my son says, “Why don’t he just shoot him, he has a gun?”    Way to make a Dad proud.

Mom wasn’t so impressed by his comment, but it's probably because she wouldn’t know how to cook an Abominable.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Re: OK, why didn’t Yukon Cornelius just shoot the dang Abominable?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 07:50:33 am »
That's right...he did.  Never thought of that before.  He could have done an Indiana Jones on the Abominable.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 05:11:42 pm »
You wouldn’t catch Indiana Jones chipping off a chunk of ice with his miners pick and floating off to the safety of the Island of Misfit Toys.   Yukon is a rough and tough 49er for heaven’s sake. He would carry nothing less than a 44 cal 240 grain.  More than enough to blow away one Abominable.    Dang 1960’s pacifist writers.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 01:59:11 am »
He should have shot Rudolf. Reindeer is good eatin'!
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.