Author Topic: Are Humans Becoming Less Intelligent?  (Read 6237 times)

Offline ladybug

Re: Are Humans Becoming Less Intelligent?
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2012, 12:09:32 am »
Any professor who has been teaching for more than a generation can tell you that the intellectual capabilities of today's students is not even close to what they were a generation ago.  Part of it is the fact that technology has severely diminished their capability to concentrate for any extended period of time.  Part of it is the fact that the culture has changed for the worst in terms of how much discipline and achievement are admired and respected.  Part of it may be the fact that we have artificially elevated the incompetent and mediocre, and that means less resources available to nurture the true geniuses among us.

In truth, we don't have to be particularly intelligent to get by in most jobs today.  Machines do most of the heavy lifting for us.

My young kid great granddaughter said she'll teach me to use an i-pad.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 02:30:10 am by ladybug »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2012, 01:35:40 am »
That's more than stupidity, that's psychotic...We are giving them the rope with which to hang us...as a Russian whose name I can't remember, once prophesized.

It is modern insane appeasement, pehaps from religious origins.

We operate on the premise it is morally wrong to take lives; better to try helping people.  And even better to help the worst of people.

Take the morality away, and of course it is insane to feed, to arm our avowed enemies.

But we've grown too stupid to conclude they are our enemies, even after they tell us so.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

gogogodzilla

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2012, 05:27:08 am »
Doesn't take a scientist to see that coming. This movie, a stupid movie, is more prophetic than I'd like it to be.

Welcome to Costco, I luv U.

(I could sure use a Starbuck's right now!)