Author Topic: NBC's Bob Costas Goes On Gun Control Rant About NFL Player's Murder-Suicide  (Read 2089 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

Support the USO

Online mountaineer

Incredibly stupid, but all too typical of libs.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline Lando Lincoln

Nicole Simpson and Ron Goldman have yet to weigh in on the matter.
For the progressive, there is very little to love about the United States. Washington, Jefferson, Madison? A bunch of rotten slaveholders, hypocrites, and cowards even when their hearts were in the right places. The Declaration of Independence? A manifesto for the propertied classes. The Constitution? An artifact of sexism and white supremacy. The sacrifices in the great wars of the 20th century? Feeding the poor and the disenfranchised into the meat-grinder of imperialism. The gifts of Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Morgan, Astor? Blood money from self-aggrandizing robber barons. Nat Rev

Offline andy58-in-nh

Nicole Simpson and Ron Goldman have yet to weigh in on the matter.

If Nicole Simpson had been carrying a handgun, she might be alive today. Of course, O.J. likely wouldn't.
Liberalism isn't really about making the world a better place. It's about reassuring the elites that they are good people for wanting to rule over it.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
And if Bob Costas didn't possess a really bad hairpiece, he might not look like he has a mongoose keeping his head warm.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline andy58-in-nh

And if Bob Costas didn't possess a really bad hairpiece, he might not look like he has a mongoose keeping his head warm.

If hairpieces are outlawed, only outlaws will have hairpieces.
Liberalism isn't really about making the world a better place. It's about reassuring the elites that they are good people for wanting to rule over it.

Offline collins

Yeah, I saw this last night. When I heard the announcers say they were going to address the KC shooting at halftime, I was hoping they would just mention it and go on but when I saw the name "Bob Costas", I braced myself for more incoming libtardation and Botox.

Unbelievable the way he whined and preached - "gun culture", idiot. The NFL really needs to stop letting NBC tools have anything to do with sports.

Offline Rapunzel

Turns out the guy was on heavy medication and drinking heavily due to head injuries... but by all means, Costas, blame the gun.

Offline Lando Lincoln

Turns out the guy was on heavy medication and drinking heavily due to head injuries... but by all means, Costas, blame the gun.

Is that true??
For the progressive, there is very little to love about the United States. Washington, Jefferson, Madison? A bunch of rotten slaveholders, hypocrites, and cowards even when their hearts were in the right places. The Declaration of Independence? A manifesto for the propertied classes. The Constitution? An artifact of sexism and white supremacy. The sacrifices in the great wars of the 20th century? Feeding the poor and the disenfranchised into the meat-grinder of imperialism. The gifts of Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Morgan, Astor? Blood money from self-aggrandizing robber barons. Nat Rev

Offline SouthTexas

An open letter to Bob Costas and Jason Whitlock

Posted: December 3, 2012 by alexthechick in Liberal FAIL, Op/Sped, You'll pry 'em from my cold dead hands   

Gentlemen: I see that you have chosen to use the horrific crime of the murder of Kasandra Perkins to express your belief that guns are the problem, not the men who wield them. I am utterly certain that you believe that you have the moral high ground on this matter. I am equally certain that such a belief is appallingly wrong, not to mention terribly misogynistic. Why do I say this? Because had your desires on gun control been in place, I would not be alive to be writing this now....

Read it all here:  http://doubleplusundead.com/2012/12/03/an-open-letter-to-bob-costas-and-jason-whitlock/

Offline SevenofNine

Re: NBC's Bob Costas Goes On Gun Control Rant About NFL Player's Murder-Suicide
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 04:12:22 PM »
I think that fake tanning gone to Bobby brain

SHUT UP BOBBY get rid of that hairpiece look like dead racoon on his dome

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 04:15:27 PM »

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012, 04:45:33 PM »
Thanks Rap.  Wow, if true.  I hope the toxicology reports become public.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2012, 04:58:24 PM »
It would be good if his family follows recent suit and donates his brain for scientific research, this is a growing trend that needs to be addressed.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2012, 05:10:15 PM »
You guys......you're falling hook line and sinker.

The American Lawyers Association should be writing a check real soon to "....further investigate brain concussion effects....."

".....on 'carjackers' wearing shoulder pads and helmets.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline Puss-N-Boots

• God. Family. Seahawks!
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2012, 06:06:38 PM »
I'm grateful his mother and his child are still alive.  Too often when guys like this lose it they take out everyone around them.
The Constitution is not a suggestion.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2012, 06:48:30 PM »
I resent that they are essentially trying to give total absolution to any football player who 'goes postal'....because of the violence of the game.

He was obviously a guy with anger management problems who couldn't handle a woman having him over a barrel financially.   She wanted to leave him and sue for child support.    And here.....he flies HIS own mother into town to help her with the baby.   Ungrateful  beeotch!   [/s]

Using the same bullsh*t barometers, any actuary table will show you that basketball is a much more lethal sport. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2012, 06:58:36 PM »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2012, 07:00:43 PM »
I resent that they are essentially trying to give total absolution to any football player who 'goes postal'....because of the violence of the game.

He was obviously a guy with anger management problems who couldn't handle a woman having him over a barrel financially.   She wanted to leave him and sue for child support.    And here.....he flies HIS own mother into town to help her with the baby.   Ungrateful  beeotch!   [/s]

Using the same bullsh*t barometers, any actuary table will show you that basketball is a much more lethal sport.

Sounds like you are making excuses for him killing her.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2012, 07:52:11 PM »
Sounds like you are making excuses for him killing her.

???

I am doing just the opposite.  WTF?

I'm saying that he was just another violent-tempered hood and that crashing into other men on the field had nothing to do with the event.

Whatever his reasoning at the time, I question anybody that would resort to such an act while his own mother was in the house.

That fact alone says he was a problem.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2012, 08:37:22 PM »
???

I am doing just the opposite.  WTF?

I'm saying that he was just another violent-tempered hood and that crashing into other men on the field had nothing to do with the event.

Whatever his reasoning at the time, I question anybody that would resort to such an act while his own mother was in the house.

That fact alone says he was a problem.

Then I misunderstood your comment about the ungrateful #itch.....    whether brain damage plays a roll or doesn't will depend on whether he had issues before he played football.  Hard to ignore so many of these guys going postal lately as the players get bigger and bigger and the hits more and more dangerous... the guy in CA last year's autopsy of his brain did determine there was damage.  It isn't just football players, BTW, there is a lot of sports where head injuries apply... they have even redesigned the helmets and the cars in NHRA because of it.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2012, 10:55:25 PM »
In college, Belcher punched out window over girl
Gary Mihoces, USA TODAY Sports

8:36PM EST December 3. 2012 - During his time as a football standout at the University of Maine, Jovan Belcher seriously gashed his arm when he punched out a window while "upset with a girl," according to a campus police report obtained by USA Today Sports Media Group.

Belcher, 25, who was in his fourth season as an NFL linebacker with the Kansas City Chiefs, shot and killed his girlfriend, Kasandra Perkins, Saturday and then fatally shot himself outside the Chiefs' team complex, according to police.

In a University of Maine Police Department incident report filed on April 1 of 2006, the reporting officer said he went to Adroscoggin Hall to respond to a report of a male with a "serious cut" on his arm. The officer said he found Belcher receiving medical treatment for cuts to the wrist and thumb. The report added, "The injuries consisted of possible severed thumb and lacerations to the wrist. ... There was a lot of blood."

The officer also said, "I was told that Belcher was upset over a girl and punched out a window."

The case was classified as "criminal mischief" and referred to the school's Judicial Affairs office. On Monday, Robert Oceander, vice president and dean of students at Maine, said he could not comment on the resolution of that incident because of student privacy laws.

He did, however, say that in general what would happen in incidents such as that is a "student would be attended to by a professional staff member on whatever situation arose, controlling emotions, managing anger, what have you." He added that when property is destroyed "typically restitution would be required" and the student would be subject to a range of discipline from a warning to dismissal.

The report said the total damage was estimated at $200.

"A case like this would be on the lower end," he said. "You'd have to comport behavior to university expectations or the punishment would be severe."

Oceander worked at the school at the time. Asked if he ever saw any reason to be concerned over Belcher's behavior he replied, "No."

In another incident on Feb, 25, 2007, officers responded to a complaint of disorderly conduct and noise at Gannett Hall. The report said the complaint was called in by somebody who "became concerned about the raised voices" of Belcher and a girlfriend.

The officer said he found Belcher and the woman outside his room. "There was no indication of the discussion being physical and there was no indication of intoxication on either party," said the report.

The report said Belcher and the woman both said she was supposed to contact him by 11 p.m., and did not. "He became worried and when she did show up he told her that he did not want to see her until the morning. She asked to stay with him, but he said that it would be better to leave," said the report.

The woman was given a ride by campus police to another location, according to the report.

Over the weekend, the school said the only record of any interaction between Belcher and campus police involved helping him gain access to his dorm room after he had locked himself out. On Monday, however, the school released a statement that said they had searched records using a misspelled named (Jevon instead of Jovan) and found other police reports.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2012/12/03/jovan-belcher-maine-police-report-campus-punch-window-cut-arm/1744281/

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2012, 12:08:59 AM »
Source: Belcher was out with 2nd woman prior to murder-suicide

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/nfl/12/03/jovan-belcher-case-new-information/index.html

According to a law enforcement official close to the investigation, Jovan Belcher was out "partying" the night before he shot Kasandra Perkins. He had been with a woman in the Power and Light District, an area of bars in downtown Kansas City.

Belcher and the woman had become separated at some point and he went to her apartment in a complex in Kansas City, but she wasn't there, the official said. According to two of the woman's neighbors, Belcher was intoxicated and they let him stay in their apartment so he could get some sleep.

Belcher asked them to wake him by 6:30 a.m. so he could attend a team meeting later that morning, the official said. "I'll get fined if I don't make it," Belcher told them.

The women woke Belcher and he went to the house he and Perkins shared at about 6:30 a.m. or 7 a.m. She had returned home several hours earlier after attending a Trey Songz concert and being out in the Power and Light District, as well.

The couple then argued before Belcher killed Perkins and later killed himself.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Online mountaineer

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2012, 08:35:25 AM »
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 08:36:44 AM by mountaineer »
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf