Author Topic: Baracka Claus' Opening Bid Proves That He Wants to Take His Sleigh Over the Fiscal Cliff  (Read 971 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2012/11/30/baracka_claus_opening_bid_proves_that_he_wants_to_take_his_sleigh_over_the_fiscal_cliff

Baracka Claus' Opening Bid Proves That He Wants to Take His Sleigh Over the Fiscal Cliff
November 30, 2012

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  He's campaigning.  He's still campaigning.  He's at the Tinkertoy factory in Hatfield, Pennsylvania.  He's out talking to people about what kind of country we want to be.  What kind of country we want to leave to our kids, our grandkids, our great-grandkids, and the immigrants.  What kind of country do we want to leave.  He's still campaigning for this debt deal.  You know, the election's over.  He won.

Folks, if we ever needed any proof of what I have been saying for the last couple of days, that it's true, we got it yesterday.  That ridiculous opening bid.  It was presented by Timothy Geithner, and it's definitive proof that Obama actually wants to go over the financial cliff.  As we were told, his offer has twice the tax increases that he ran on.  He ran for reelection on a tax plan that would raise $800 billion.

By the way, you mighta heard about this.  Geithner went up and presented the plan to Mitch McConnell, and Mitch McConnell just started laughing.  I talked to Senator McConnell today, and he was still laughing.  I pick up the phone and say, "Hi, Rush Limbaugh," and there's this guy laughing on the other end of the line.  He's still laughing about the proposal, $1.6 trillion in new taxes.  He wants a new stimulus, and they want a permanent debt limit that they control.  The White House, the regime, wants to be able to raise the debt limit to whatever they want without Congress being involved.  And they can't understand why there's any opposition for this.

So here's the thing.  He does not have the votes for this.  The Senate was barely able to pass a bill with $800 billion in new tax revenue a few months ago.  I think it passed the Senate by 51 votes.  It died in the House.  There are no votes.  There are no votes in the Senate for $1.6 trillion in higher taxes.  I mean, he's not even negotiating with his own party on this.  Not that he would have to because his own party is actually on board.

See, I talked to Senator McConnell today about this whole legacy business about the inside the Beltway groupthink that Obama cares about a legacy in the same way that inside the Beltway people think that all presidents care about a legacy.  I don't think he does, but they all do.  They think that, "Oh, yeah, he doesn't want a recession in a second term. He doesn't want massive new unemployment in a second term."  Really?  Well, you look at this abomination that he proposed, he wants to go over the cliff.  He wants to go over the cliff.  He desperately wants a second term legacy, but I don't think people inside the Beltway have the guts to face what kind he really wants.  I don't think they're facing up to it yet.

He runs here on a so-called balanced approach. His so-called spending cuts are one-fourth the size of his tax increases, $400 billion, but the [float=right][/float]spending cuts -- and this is par for the course -- don't come until ten or 20 years down the road, which means they don't come.  Even those future cuts are now off the table.  Geithner did not mention any cuts yesterday.  This is strictly $1.6 trillion in new taxes, no debt limit ever. Well, we set it whenever we want it, and whatever we want to raise it, we do it.  He does not have the votes for it.  He's out campaigning for it even as we speak.  Now, as I say, if we ever needed any proof what I've been saying for the last couple days is true, we got it yesterday with this ridiculous opening bid.  Santa Claus wants to take his sleigh over the fiscal cliff. There's no question about it now.  None.  Whatsoever.

(playing of song)

RUSH: And there you have it, ladies and gentlemen, jolly old St. Obama in his sleigh taking us over the cliff, Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve, whatever you have it.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Obama's at a Tinkertoy factory, The Rodon Group, in Hatfield. And we've got a little excerpt. Now, you know, he sent Geithner up yesterday to present the deal, $1.6 trillion in new taxes on everybody. By the way, "Liberal Democrats..." This is TheHill.com: "Liberal Democrats: Higher Rates for the Wealthy 'Just the Beginning.'" They want to raise taxes on everybody. So Obama sends Geithner up to demand a massive debt limit increase (it's up to them how big and when), no spending cuts, and yet in spite of that he's out campaigning for tax increases. Listen to this. It's what he told the people at the Tinkertoy factory just moments ago...

OBAMA: The story of generations starting businesses -- hiring folks; making sure that if you work hard, you can get ahead -- that's what America's all about. And that's at the heart of the plan that I've been talking about all year. I wanna reward manufacturers like this one and small businesses that create jobs here in the United States, not overseas.

FOLLOWERS: (applause)

RUSH: Folks, that's just flat-out BS. I mean, there's not one aspect of this cliff deal that he's proposed -- there's not one aspect of any deal that he's proposed -- that is going to reward hard work. He's gonna punish it with high taxes. He's not doing anything to create jobs. This is all just amazing. It's just totally untrue.

END TRANSCRIPT
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34