Author Topic: The Problem Is Not Just Negative Attacks on Republicans, But the People Who Believe Them  (Read 2018 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

The Problem Is Not Just Negative Attacks on Republicans, But the People Who Believe Them
November 29, 2012

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Here is Mike in Chino, California.  Hi, Mike.  I'm glad you waited, sir.  Hello.

CALLER:  Wow.  What a pleasure, Rush, to talk to you.  Rush, you there?

RUSH:  Yeah, right here.

CALLER:  Good.

RUSH:  You'll have to forgive me.  I'm so used to people telling me what a pleasure it is to speak to me that I really don't acknowledge it enough.  So thank you.  I do appreciate it.

CALLER:  Well, I've gotta tell you, too, because if I don't, my mom listens to you religiously every day, and I know she's listening now, and I don't even need to call her.

RUSH:  I'll wait if you want to call her and tell her you're on.

CALLER:  Oh, no, I know he's listening.

RUSH:  Okay.

CALLER:  She's either dead or she's listening.  That's the two possibilities.

RUSH:  Would you like to check on that?  I'll wait while you do that.

CALLER:  It's all right.  It's all right.

RUSH:  Okay.  All right.

CALLER:  Rush, you've been down for the last couple days because you're convinced that the American people knew what they were voting for, and that is just not true.  People voted against Romney because of the constant barrage of horrible, negative ads.  Honestly, I think Romney should have refused to go to the White House.  I guess he's there right now, but he should have refused to go there, and the Republicans --

RUSH:  Well, I think Obama is probably demanding all of his tax returns today from him.  He may appoint him secretary of business.

CALLER:  Well, he shouldn't work for him, either.  What he and the rest of the Republicans need to do is show the negative ads --

RUSH:  All right, look --

CALLER:  -- press conferences --

RUSH:  Let's talk about this negative ad business.  I'm glad you brought this up, actually.

CALLER:  Okay.

RUSH:  I'm glad you brought it up, because it kind of makes my point, in a roundabout way.

RUSH:  The fact of the matter was, you're right, that Obama's running all of these really mean-spirited, lying, negative ads at a point Romney could not respond because he was not allowed to spend any of the funds that he had raised.  He couldn't do that until after the convention, by law.  So his only option at that point was to pay out of his own pocket to fund advertising to refute the Obama negative ads.  He made a decision not to spend his own money.  Now, you can argue whether he shoulda done that or not.  But here's my point.  You say that the American people didn't really vote for what they wanted.  They were fooled.  They were lied to about Romney.

CALLER:  They have constantly been lied to.

RUSH:  Okay.  Let me ask you a question.

CALLER:  Yeah.  I'm waiting.

RUSH:  I'm formulating the question.  If you, Mike in Chino, are watching television and you see a political  ad that has a picture of a station wagon and a dog on the roof in a cage, and you are told Mitt Romney hates dogs, do you believe it?

CALLER:  I do not.

RUSH:  Well, thank you.  But the fact that a lot of Americans did, is what?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj70XqOxptU&feature=player_embedded

CALLER:  It proves they get their beliefs from TV.  And why is that unusual?

RUSH:  No, Mike.  It's not my point.  You claim the American people didn't know what they were voting for, and I think they did.

CALLER:  No.

RUSH:  I'm telling you that we're not dealing -- if you can be made to believe that Romney hates dog dogs --

CALLER:  You don't have to believe that he hates dogs.  You just have to have the negative feelings with it.  I talked to so many people and that's exactly what they saw.  They mimic exactly what they're told about the Republicans.

RUSH:  My point is if we had a properly educated electorate, if we had people who were critical thinkers who had been educated rather than indoctrinated -- our problems go deep in this country.

CALLER:  You're right.

RUSH:  You got another ad.  "Mitt Romney let my wife die."

CALLER:  Right.

RUSH:  I submit, the problem is with the person who believes that as much as it is with Obama for running the ad.

CALLER:  But, Rush, they believed that George Bush was stupid because he drank alcohol too much before he was elected.

RUSH:  No.  They believed Bush was stupid because he couldn't talk on TV.

CALLER:  All right.  That probably helped.

RUSH:  But even that's absurd because they voted for Bush twice.

CALLER:  They did, but he barely won the first time.  And he should have won by a landslide.

RUSH:  Well, shoulda, woulda, we're dealing with the dids.

RUSH:  Now you're introducing a whole new shoulda, woulda context to this.

CALLER:  Rather than go there, let me make my point real quick, okay?

original

RUSH:  I know what your point is, your point is the American people were fooled because Obama ran a bunch of lying, stinking, negative character assassination ads on Romney and people had no choice to believe it because nobody ever said that those ads were lies.

CALLER:  No, even if they said the ads were lies, what the Republicans can do now, if they really want to do something, like you mentioned a few minutes ago they could get on the air and say this or say that, call their press conferences. What they need to do is call their press conferences and flood the airwaves with playing these negative ads against all Republicans.  Play 'em back.  Play 'em all.  And then right after the ad is played then just simply say, "Would you work with somebody who treated you like this?"  And then not work with him.  Just say, "Forget it.  We're tired of being kicked like dogs."  How much longer are the Republicans gonna be like kicked dogs and let this go on?

RUSH:  Well, there's a risk in your strategy.  If you replay the ads and then put Republicans on right after the ads, you run the risk of confirming the ad.

END TRANSCRIPT

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline evadR

The fact is a large portion of Americans are too stupid to vote.

I love the way Rush uses an entire segment to explain something soooo simple it can be summed up in 4 words.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Online DCPatriot

I love the way Rush uses an entire segment to explain something soooo simple it can be summed up in 4 words.

He's been aggravating since the election, IMHO.

Or maybe I'm just completely turned off and tuned out.....could be that.

I just don't care anymore.    It's everyman for himself.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline evadR

He's been aggravating since the election, IMHO.

Or maybe I'm just completely turned off and tuned out.....could be that.

I just don't care anymore.    It's everyman for himself.
You must be my cloned brother. That's EXACTLY how I feel.
Take care of your own. Freeloaders, Free $h*ters, Freebie this and freebie that, they can all take a hike.

Offline Rapunzel

Instead of lowering the voting age to 18 they should have raised it and made a requirement you have to pass the citizenship exam before they issue you a license to vote... then you can only vote if you register months in advance and show ID AT the polls the day you vote.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline evadR

Instead of lowering the voting age to 18 they should have raised it and made a requirement you have to pass the citizenship exam before they issue you a license to vote... then you can only vote if you register months in advance and show ID AT the polls the day you vote.
This would reduce dim voters by 50%.

Offline Rapunzel

This would reduce dim voters by 50%.

and we would be a much better country for it.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline evadR

and we would be a much better country for it.
:amen:

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

You must be my cloned brother. That's EXACTLY how I feel.
Take care of your own. Freeloaders, Free $h*ters, Freebie this and freebie that, they can all take a hike.

Dittos.

Offline Slide Rule

And be living on your own property to vote in that precinct.
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Online DCPatriot

They should go back to how it was originally.

Only landowners should have the right and duty to vote.

The United States would be a totally different country today.....if only.    8888crybaby

Offline evadR

They should go back to how it was originally.

Only landowners should have the right and duty to vote.

The United States would be a totally different country today.....if only.    8888crybaby
DC..I think you might be jumping a little teenie shark on that one :)