Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh regret: I put Sandra Fluke on Time list  (Read 1422 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush Limbaugh regret: I put Sandra Fluke on Time list
« on: December 01, 2012, 01:26:18 am »
http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=25192B6D-87C7-4A50-A71B-6336224B769F

Rush Limbaugh regret: I put Sandra Fluke on Time list
By: Kevin Cirilli
November 30, 2012 02:28 PM EST

Rush Limbaugh said on Friday that he blames himself for Sandra Fluke’s fame, as the recent Georgetown Law School graduate’s name is now being touted on the shortlist for Time Magazine’s annual Person of the Year.

“It’s not something I’m proud of here, folks, I must be blatantly honest. Nobody would know who she is if it weren’t for me,” Limbaugh said on his radio program, according to audio from DailyRushbo. “If anybody is going to be named Person of the Year on that basis, it ought to be me. It’s not an honor I would appreciate because it represents a little bit of a screw up.”

Limbaugh called Fluke a “slut” and “prostitute” on his Feb. 29 program after she testified at an unofficial Congressional hearing about contraception costs. Outrage ensued, and Fluke used her new found to become a surrogate for President Barack Obama’s reelection campaign. She spoke at the Democratic National Convention in September.

On Monday, Time Magazine announced she was a candidate for its Person of the Year.

“What’s happened is that Time Magazine and the rest of the media – the world now revolves around them. And their potential People of the Year all happen to be media types one way or the other. It is the most narcissistic bunch of people you can run into outside of Obama and his acolytes,” Limbaugh said.

He continued: “Nobody would know who she is if it weren’t for me. If you’re going to make her Person of the Year, you’ve got to make me co-person of the year for making her person of the year. It’s not a proud moment, don’t misunderstand.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Rush Limbaugh regret: I put Sandra Fluke on Time list
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 02:27:54 am »
Rush forgot the old axiom that sometimes it is better to not bring attention to something or someone.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 02:30:06 am »
Rush jest caint hep hissef.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 02:48:11 am »
Rush spoke the truth, but of course that is often the unpopular thing to do.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 02:58:22 am »

I consider - based on Fluke's testimony - what Rush said to be truthful, but the firestorm also served to give more attention to her and, in the end, gave the Democrats their theme for the election (war on women).  The GOP walked right into the trap.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Slide Rule

I am a Rush ditto head
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 03:20:13 pm »

Certainly the truth.  She is a slut.  But Rush made a political blunder on this.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 03:20:36 pm by Slide Rule »
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline Rapunzel

Re: I am a Rush ditto head
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 10:19:09 pm »
Certainly the truth.  She is a slut.  But Rush made a political blunder on this.

Yep... he learned an important lesson, albeit too late.