Author Topic: RUSH: Republicans must walk away from any deal with Obama and the Democrats on the fiscal cliff  (Read 2602 times)

Offline eglman

http://www.therightscoop.com/rush-republicans-must-walk-away-from-any-deal-with-obama-and-the-democrats-on-the-fiscal-cliff/

Yesterday Charles Krauthammer said that Republicans have leverage right now with the president on this fiscal cliff deal because if tax rates go up on all Americans, Obama’s second term will begin in a recession as the higher tax rates will slow growth even more, and Krauthammer contends that Obama doesn’t want that.

But Rush passionately disagrees noting that analysis disregards Obama’s entire first term. Rush believes that Obama doesn’t care about having a successful economy in his second term, that it’s all part of his push to transform this country into a welfare state because that’s what is fair in his eyes and that’s the only legacy he cares about.

Video at Link--http://www.therightscoop.com/rush-republicans-must-walk-away-from-any-deal-with-obama-and-the-democrats-on-the-fiscal-cliff/

Offline Rapunzel

This morning I listened to a Democrat on Fox say - with a straight face - the Democrats already cut spending $716 million when they took that money out of medicare. Megyn Kelly and Mark Thiesen both almost fell out of their chairs and said in unison -- WAIT, that money was just moved from Medicare to pay for Obamacare and Simon Rosenberg said - yes, that was a cut in spending so we have already done our part and at a meeting I was at with Obama yesterday that is all the compromise you are going to get........  :thud: :thud: :thud:
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Great first post

I tend to agree with Rush here...let the Dems have their fingerprints all over this...we are never gonna get what we want anyways..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Great first post

I tend to agree with Rush here...let the Dems have their fingerprints all over this...we are never gonna get what we want anyways..
Rush and anybody that wants to continue viewing America the old way, is missing the point the voters continue to try to make.

They want solutions, not the same old arguments. The majority WANTS to raise taxes on the rich.

The GOP should RELUCTANTLY go along, WARNING it likely will NOT increase revenues, and will likely SLOW the economy, growth, employment etc.

If 2014 yields a still weak economy, the GOP has the basis for "see, we told you so."

And if 2014 yields some improvements, the GOP can claim to have contributed to the "compromise."

I recognize I am not following the "true conservative" pack. I'll take that in stride, because except the 2010 House, the "true conservatives" are on an extended losing streak.

But it sure is fun to echo what Rush says, as he entertains with daily dose of conflict and anger. Doing the same things over and over, expecting different results is insanity.

Rush, Levin, Beck and others give listeners their daily doses of anger and conflict, and they KNOW it works, they get paid bigtime.

But it yields no political results of good consequence. Conservativism is NOT winning elections, by listening to them.

We need truly new thinking, new paradigms, and I expect that will come from some new voices.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

In other words:  Move Left.  :whistle:

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
http://www.therightscoop.com/rush-republicans-must-walk-away-from-any-deal-with-obama-and-the-democrats-on-the-fiscal-cliff/

Yesterday Charles Krauthammer said that Republicans have leverage right now with the president on this fiscal cliff deal because if tax rates go up on all Americans, Obama’s second term will begin in a recession as the higher tax rates will slow growth even more, and Krauthammer contends that Obama doesn’t want that.

But Rush passionately disagrees noting that analysis disregards Obama’s entire first term. Rush believes that Obama doesn’t care about having a successful economy in his second term, that it’s all part of his push to transform this country into a welfare state because that’s what is fair in his eyes and that’s the only legacy he cares about.

Video at Link--http://www.therightscoop.com/rush-republicans-must-walk-away-from-any-deal-with-obama-and-the-democrats-on-the-fiscal-cliff/

Welcome aboard!

What I fear is that there are too many Congress Critters who are willing to let the whole mess drop off of a cliff so they can come riding in on the other side with all of the remedies.  For example, if the "Bush Tax Cuts" were all allowed to sunset and expire, then that would clear the way for the "Obama Tax Cuts" that would be done his way.  It's all phony and pure politics but that is the only game in town these days.

The problem is that the Dhimmies have no plan for what comes next other than to continue spending money hand over fist, although it is far from clear who is going to lend them money much less come up with any viable way of spending it.  I hear rumblings of another "stimulus"...$1.6 Trillion in new spending just as soon as enough Republicans in the House vote to remove the debt ceiling entirely...

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
I slightlydisagree with Rush, but perhaps not in any substantive way.  The GOP lower house of congress should simply pass a responsible bill that deals with all the issues from entitlements to spending to taxes.  After that, they should just sit on their hands and refuse to support either a fiscal cliff deal or a raise in the debt ceiling.

Offline Rapunzel

In other words:  Move Left.  :whistle:

He lives in California... our left is his right.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

And BTW.... as this article points out Bush raised - not lowered - taxes on the rich, it was the poor who benefited not the rich... the media is too stupid and too corrupt to report actual data.

http://news.investors.com/print/ibd-editorials-perspective/112812-635034-5-secrets-about-the-bush-tax-cuts.aspx

He lives in California... our left is his right.

Ah!  The motherland of "new thinking" and "new paradigms"  (whatever those are).  :beer:

Krauthammer’s Take: Geithner Deal ‘Insulting,’ GOP Should Walk Away

On tonight’s edition of Special Report, Charles Krauthammer said that the fiscal cliff deal proposed earlier today by Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner is “insulting” and that “Lee was offered easier terms at Appomatox.” Democrats, he says, are asking Republicans for “unconditional surrender,” because there are no cuts – and spending increases – in the current deal. Republicans, says Krauthammer, “ought to simply walk away.”

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
the media is too stupid and too corrupt to report actual data.

http://news.investors.com/print/ibd-editorials-perspective/112812-635034-5-secrets-about-the-bush-tax-cuts.aspx

Too corrupt...it is entirely that they are too corrupt.  They are fellow-riders in the government class.  True, some of the talking heads are also stupid, but their corruption is what rules them.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Rapunzel

The way I heard it earlier today Geithner showed up without a plan for anything but increase taxes "on the rich"... they seem to think they have the upper hand and screw anything but what THEY demand.......  time for the Tea Party to rear itself bigtime....

Agreed.  What have we got to lose?  They are not going to concede anything, and Rs are going to get the blame, no matter what is done and no matter what the outcome.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
The way I heard it earlier today Geithner showed up without a plan for anything but increase taxes "on the rich"... they seem to think they have the upper hand and screw anything but what THEY demand.......  time for the Tea Party to rear itself bigtime....

That is hubris that comes from a state controlled media...and the knowledge that your opposition has ALWAYS folded in the face of it.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Slide Rule

I slightly disagree with Rush, but perhaps not in any substantive way.  The GOP lower house of congress should simply pass a responsible bill that deals with all the issues from entitlements to spending to taxes.  After that, they should just sit on their hands and refuse to support either a fiscal cliff deal or a raise in the debt ceiling.

Agreed ^^^^

Yes.  They need to pass something to avoid or curtail the do nothing label.

There are times when you have to risk all, to walk out the other side with your principles and constitution intact.

White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote