Author Topic: Panetta misleads on Afghan violence (AGAIN?)  (Read 1038 times)

famousdayandyear

Panetta misleads on Afghan violence (AGAIN?)
« on: November 27, 2012, 02:23:22 am »

Panetta misleads on Afghan violence
November 26th, 2012

The Long War Journal’s Thomas Joscelyn reports that jetsetter Leon Panetta took time out last week from flying the entire Defense Department to his home in California to address those drooling morons at The Center for a New American Security and told them that the security situation in Afghanistan has improved last year and this year;

“Violence levels, which had increased for five years, decreased in 2011, and 2012,” Panetta said.

Joscelyn points out that while it’s true that violence in Afghanistan has decreased in 2011 and 2012, it remains higher than Enemy Initiated Attack (EIA) levels before the so-called surge. And now there are no surge troops.

Joscelyn continues that EIAs were higher in September 2012 than it was in September 2011. He also reports that attacks against civilians are actually higher than 2010.

I don’t suppose that the rise in the Taliban-related violence isn’t related at all to the well-publicized timetable withdrawal of surge troops. And I guess it would be inappropriate to mention that General McChrystal and the CIA both predicted this outcome if the president didn’t fully staff the command’s plan for the surge, but the President chose to placate his base and Joe Bite-Me instead. And now the same crowd is going to plan the presence of troops past the 2014 withdrawal date. But the Taliban is sure to reduce their attacks by then out of respect for us.

But, hey, the 47% are happy with their choice.

http://thisainthell.us/