Author Topic: Longest rushing play in Texans history stands on odd review  (Read 2099 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Longest rushing play in Texans history stands on odd review
« on: November 23, 2012, 02:43:59 pm »
More weird referee stuff in football. I honestly don't know happening to the game. Referees used to be invisible assistants. Now, they are a major part of the game deciding by arbitrary fiat who wins and who loses. This is one of the strangest plays I have ever seen.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/longest-rushing-play-texans-history-stands-odd-review-203919447--nfl.html
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Longest rushing play in Texans history stands on odd review
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 03:20:24 pm »
It's simply a poorly-written rule.  Okay, I get it, you cannot challenge a call that is automatically-challenged (i.e. all scoring plays)...so penalize them 15 yards, but go ahead and allow the reviewers to do what they are paid to do, don't make the play unchallengeable just because a coach stupidly throws an errent red flag.

And that was a huge play in a game that went into OT before the Lions lost...sorta knocks them out of the playoff chase...MUD

Agree. I don't care what the 'rule' is, that play betrays common sense. The guy was down. All the players had stopped and relaxed. And this guy runs into the end-zone. Why didn't the ref blow the freakin whistle? What are they doing out there? What do they get paid for? That is just total nonsense and really undermines the game itself. Whatever the rule, that touchdown should have been disallowed. There is no excuse for it, in my mind.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 05:09:58 pm »
While what everyone says is true, I always bring to mind what Tom Landry used to say "If you're blaming the refs for losing the game, you didn't play hard enough."

Detroit had multiple chances to win that game AFTER the blown call, and couldn't do it.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 06:21:10 pm »
While what everyone says is true, I always bring to mind what Tom Landry used to say "If you're blaming the refs for losing the game, you didn't play hard enough."

Detroit had multiple chances to win that game AFTER the blown call, and couldn't do it.

That is true.. They had many chances to win the game and they failed..  Good games yesterday (well except for the Jets/Pats game)..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/