Author Topic: 2014 and 2016  (Read 4347 times)

Offline Emma

2014 and 2016
« on: November 20, 2012, 12:13:00 PM »
Assuming we can even implement the laws that would allow us to have honest elections in the future...

Is anyone else as disgusted as I am with the GOP rolling over?  Why didn't they fight the fraud, do they even care?   Many of them look like Democrat-lite every day in terms of spending and government overreach. 

Is there any way conservatives could somehow identify ONE candidate that conservatives (fiscal cons and social cons) and libertarians can ALL get behind,  and run them against the GOP establishment pick in the primaries?   

Is it even possible?

Fiscal conservatism, smaller gov't, lower taxes would be a non-negotiable.
Social issues could be addressed as a state issues.
Illegal Immigration/Closing the border addressed as a national security issue (empower the border states).
Foreign policy is going to be a kicker to get the libertarians on board.  I think we need to get out of the wars which have become pointless, but we need to back Israel as our only ally in the region

Libertarians and fiscal cons would also have a hard time getting behind anyone who voted for TARP (no matter how good their intentions) or the Patriot Act.

Do you think these are terms that everyone could agree on?

And if so, what candidate espouses these values? 

« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 12:14:10 PM by Emma »

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
Re: 2014 and 2016
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 12:36:23 PM »
How do you fight the fraud?  Fraud there may have been, but fighting it requires proof.  That, of course, is precisely why democrats/progressives do not want things like voter ID.  At this point, what needs doing is getting in the protective measures that will (hopefully) prevent or reduce fraud in 2014 and 2016.

Offline Emma

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 12:58:12 PM »
How do you fight the fraud?  Fraud there may have been, but fighting it requires proof.  That, of course, is precisely why democrats/progressives do not want things like voter ID.  At this point, what needs doing is getting in the protective measures that will (hopefully) prevent or reduce fraud in 2014 and 2016.

There are eyewitness accounts of fraud by some of the poll watchers in many cases.   Over 100% turnout in many areas in swing states. And more. Here's a pretty exhaustive list: http://obamavoterfraud.blogspot.com/

In any case, yes, steps have to be taken to avoid this in the future too, but who is doing this?  Seems measures towards this keep getting overturned by the courts in swing states, backed up by DOJ Holder.   

Maybe I'm missing something, but I am not seeing any outcry or promise to fix this by anyone in government right now.  It's just one more area where the silence is deafening.   

Offline Emma

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 01:23:53 PM »
What about Rand Paul?  He's a Constitutional conservative, minus the looniness of his dad.

Allen West?

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 04:25:46 PM »
There are eyewitness accounts of fraud by some of the poll watchers in many cases.   Over 100% turnout in many areas in swing states. And more. Here's a pretty exhaustive list: http://obamavoterfraud.blogspot.com/

In any case, yes, steps have to be taken to avoid this in the future too, but who is doing this?  Seems measures towards this keep getting overturned by the courts in swing states, backed up by DOJ Holder.   

Maybe I'm missing something, but I am not seeing any outcry or promise to fix this by anyone in government right now.  It's just one more area where the silence is deafening.   

of course no one in this administration is interested in fixing voter fraud

Online truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 04:58:56 PM »
of course no one in this administration is interested in fixing voter fraud
1. Aren't the elections conducted by states, not the fedgov?

2. California has a high percent of illegal residents. However I have never seen a credible study, showing that democrats win elections due to those people voting illegally.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 05:57:20 PM »

2. California has a high percent of illegal residents. However I have never seen a credible study, showing that democrats win elections due to those people voting illegally.

Have you seen any credible evidence that they don't vote illegally?  Without a proof of citizenship or even ID requirement, anyone can register and vote.  In fact, in California people can register themselves many times using different names and no one would ever know or care. 

I was a Democrat operative in California for 6 years and I know how they run voter registration drives.  They send people out to the Mexican areas and pay them a buck for every Democrat they can register.  If someone asks if citizenship is required, they are told to go ahead and register, and if there is a problem then they'll be notified.  Of course, they are never notified because there is no mechanism for checking to see if the person registering is a felon, illegal, or whatever.  These registrars camp out in front of the Catholic Churches on Sunday, the shopping centers, etc.  They are specifically paid for Democrat registrations, so they tend to pick areas with high minority concentration.  I knew of households in some of the Assembly districts I worked in that had 10 or more separate "voters" registered.

You can also bet the Farm Workers Union is making sure that everyone on their rolls is registered, citizen or not.
"She only coughs when she lies."

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 08:24:25 PM »

(1) so the states could simply declare their federal elections open to all comers, including nonimmigrants in the state on tourist visas, and there would be not a thing the federal government could do?  Even without doing a lick of research I rather highly doubt that.

(2) illegal immigrants voting is not the sum total of election fraud.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2012, 09:32:33 PM »
(1) so the states could simply declare their federal elections open to all comers, including nonimmigrants in the state on tourist visas, and there would be not a thing the federal government could do?  Even without doing a lick of research I rather highly doubt that.

(2) illegal immigrants voting is not the sum total of election fraud.

It is in Tucson and Yuma.........according to poll-watchers someone from the Democratic party shows up at the last minute the day of the election with a huge stack of "absentee" ballots mostly in the same handwriting and suspicious addresses and overwhelm the counting system which has a deadline by state law same as Florida.  People in this state who live in those districts also report they watch on election day as they cross the border, vote and then cross back into MX and in violation of AZ state law no one checks the ID.  We also have motor voter registration and they do not ask for proof of citizenship when you sign up to vote at your local DMV.    We have three Democratic representatives from AZ, one from Tucson area, one from Yuma area and Ann Kirkpatrick just got back in because they redistricted and she picked up the Navajo reservation, in the past the Navajo's were mixed in with more conservative voting districts in northern Arizona and we held with a Republican there... 

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2012, 10:01:00 PM »
It is in Tucson and Yuma.........according to poll-watchers someone from the Democratic party shows up at the last minute the day of the election with a huge stack of "absentee" ballots mostly in the same handwriting and suspicious addresses and overwhelm the counting system which has a deadline by state law same as Florida.  People in this state who live in those districts also report they watch on election day as they cross the border, vote and then cross back into MX and in violation of AZ state law no one checks the ID.  We also have motor voter registration and they do not ask for proof of citizenship when you sign up to vote at your local DMV.    We have three Democratic representatives from AZ, one from Tucson area, one from Yuma area and Ann Kirkpatrick just got back in because they redistricted and she picked up the Navajo reservation, in the past the Navajo's were mixed in with more conservative voting districts in northern Arizona and we held with a Republican there...

Motor voter...  How so many Republicans got duped into supporting that is beyond me. 
"She only coughs when she lies."

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2012, 02:13:58 PM »
Motor voter...  How so many Republicans got duped into supporting that is beyond me.

So-called conservatives probably cheered it on as something that would help the GOP same as they did this summer when they passed the bill in congress that allows the President to name people to positions without the pesky thing called a senate hearing....... Romney pushed them to vote yea and they did.... and conservatives said this will be GREAT as it will allow President Romney to bypass Harry Reid....... well guess what... no President Romney and now Obama has even more unchecked power.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2012, 02:22:12 PM »
Before anything else the GOP needs to act and end the early voting and no voter ID Laws. The dems think it is legal to bus voters in so this must end or be countered.

Voting for three weeks to a month ahead is ridiculous.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2012, 02:25:00 PM »
What about Rand Paul?  He's a Constitutional conservative, minus the looniness of his dad.

Allen West?

Allen West came right out and called them what they are=communists. So he was done in.

I would support West for POTUS. West/Martinez. Is it really true Rand is not nutty like his dad?

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2012, 02:29:39 PM »
Before anything else the GOP needs to act and end the early voting and no voter ID Laws. The dems think it is legal to bus voters in so this must end or be countered.

Voting for three weeks to a month ahead is ridiculous.

I am dead set against early voting....... and same day registration.

Offline Breezy Tamzee

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2012, 07:26:31 PM »
I am dead set against early voting....... and same day registration.

Same here. 

Offline Breezy Tamzee

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2012, 07:28:15 PM »

Does anyone know about the True the Vote organization?  I think the only way we are ever going to win again is to combat the voter fraud and that group seems to possibly be on a good track for that....

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2012, 10:17:50 PM »
Does anyone know about the True the Vote organization?  I think the only way we are ever going to win again is to combat the voter fraud and that group seems to possibly be on a good track for that....

I have read some stories about their work. You're correct we have to correct voter fraud, but I think that means starting with the people who count the votes like that woman in Florida.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2012, 10:37:07 PM »

Indeed.

Offline Breezy Tamzee

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2012, 01:08:02 AM »
I have read some stories about their work. You're correct we have to correct voter fraud, but I think that means starting with the people who count the votes like that woman in Florida.

I agree, but also think we have to work this as a multi-directional attack.  New and/or stronger voter ID laws where possible, getting as many GOP poll workers/inspectors into these suspicious precincts as possible, documenting and publicizing the fraud as much as possible, public letter writing campaigns demanding resignations/firing of the known election officials that participate in these obscene shenanigans, etc....

That is why I was wondering about True the Vote... does anyone here know people who participate in the group?  I am wondering if they were a worthwhile project to dedicate some time and help.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2012, 02:37:38 AM »
I agree, but also think we have to work this as a multi-directional attack.  New and/or stronger voter ID laws where possible, getting as many GOP poll workers/inspectors into these suspicious precincts as possible, documenting and publicizing the fraud as much as possible, public letter writing campaigns demanding resignations/firing of the known election officials that participate in these obscene shenanigans, etc....

That is why I was wondering about True the Vote... does anyone here know people who participate in the group?  I am wondering if they were a worthwhile project to dedicate some time and help.

Were they the group who found all the fraudulent registrations in Houston a year or so ago?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2012, 07:39:06 AM »

True The Vote are good people. I posted a link in this forum at the beginning and asked for it to be stickied and it was. It was through TTV that the former Navy SEALs volunteered to poll watch for NBP's. It is volunteer, you sign up for what you can do locally, or wherever. True The Vote had (I believe it was Sharpton) quoting them as a million volunteers nationwide in Tenn. Everyone thought Romney was going to win and or go into denial that the dems cheat so badly and or think someone else will volunteer.

http://www.truethevote.org/
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 07:42:27 AM by Gazoo »

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2012, 02:30:41 PM »
I think everyone thought vote fraud went away with the 2010 elections.

Obama didn't let the dems use the vote fraud machine that's why they didn't win.

gogogodzilla

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2012, 05:27:12 PM »

Florida recently updated their rules about their driver's license, making it also an ID card.  But they completely screwed the pooch on how to implement it.

One has to physically walk into the DMV with three forms of identification to get the card.  Which sounds great, right?

But consider this, how are Florida residents serving in the military supposed to do this?  Most aren't assigned to military bases within the state.  Most no longer have a physical address in the state, thus eliminating the use of a gas/electric bill as proof.

And they don't accept US military ID as proof of identity.

---

It's because of this kind of @ss-backward drafting of voter ID laws that has driven me away from my past support of voter ID.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf