Author Topic: Interesting ACA side effect  (Read 1397 times)

Offline tuwood

Interesting ACA side effect
« on: November 16, 2012, 05:02:04 pm »
My son works at Jimmy John's and he came home from work last night laughing.  He said all he11 was breaking out at work tonight because everyone there is hourly and have always been capped at 40 hrs. per week.  They just announced that all employees are capped at 30 hours per week from now on due to Obamacare.  He said most of the people there currently work 40 hours per week and are not too happy about the 25% pay cut.

With the new ACA law any company that has more than 50 employees has to provide healthcare for full time employees (or pay a fine).  They also state that anyone working over 30 hours per week is considered a full time employee.  The guy who owns his franchise has a company that owns close to 60 stores nationwide.  The last I talked to him he had around 1000 employees.

I suspect we'll be seeing a lot of weird things like this in the year to come.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 05:06:04 pm by tuwood »

Oceander

Re: Interesting ACA side effect
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 07:18:20 pm »
My son works at Jimmy John's and he came home from work last night laughing.  He said all he11 was breaking out at work tonight because everyone there is hourly and have always been capped at 40 hrs. per week.  They just announced that all employees are capped at 30 hours per week from now on due to Obamacare.  He said most of the people there currently work 40 hours per week and are not too happy about the 25% pay cut.

With the new ACA law any company that has more than 50 employees has to provide healthcare for full time employees (or pay a fine).  They also state that anyone working over 30 hours per week is considered a full time employee.  The guy who owns his franchise has a company that owns close to 60 stores nationwide.  The last I talked to him he had around 1000 employees.

I suspect we'll be seeing a lot of weird things like this in the year to come.

Oh yes we will.  Lots and lots of crazy weirdness.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 11:53:08 pm »
The 30-hour week may become standard for any employer who didn't get one of Obama's special favors, i.e., waivers.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 01:25:49 am »
This garbage affects TriCare Prime recipients also. If they are farther than 40 miles from a military treatment facility, they will be dropped from Prime coverage.
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.