Author Topic: 197 Neat Free Survival Downloads  (Read 1594 times)

Offline AbaraXas

• ?? ??????? ?????
  • Technical
  • Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
197 Neat Free Survival Downloads
« on: November 17, 2012, 09:46:12 AM »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: 197 Neat Free Survival Downloads
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 10:13:14 AM »
The build your own crossbow link is mangled: you need to add a :/ after the https.

The goatsfoot design is pretty neat and has some advantages over the traditions single leg model. Needed a project for this winter, so I'll build it and report on it.

Hey, not all of us can have guns .....
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 11:42:45 PM »
The build your own crossbow link is mangled: you need to add a :/ after the https.

The goatsfoot design is pretty neat and has some advantages over the traditions single leg model. Needed a project for this winter, so I'll build it and report on it.

Hey, not all of us can have guns .....

And a crossbow, or some other non-firearm weapon, will become a necessity when the supply of ammunition eventually fails, as it necessarily will in a world without factories; reloading used casings can only take one but so far.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 12:21:46 AM »
And a crossbow, or some other non-firearm weapon, will become a necessity when the supply of ammunition eventually fails, as it necessarily will in a world without factories; reloading used casings can only take one but so far.

I bow hunt most years, using a modified Mongol compound bow or the classic English longbow - 120 lb pull and I can put 20 arrows a minute into you with that. The Mongol bow is a much harder pull, nearly 200 lbs and is getting a little too much to use now. Not getting any younger here!
Crossbows, I have two at present, one a commercially made and the other a custom hand bow with some rather interesting darts (incendiaries mainly, pyrophoric lead loads in a thin brass casing, a few hi ex for making an entrance with style). Oddly enough, those are illegal here too. Fun to play with though!

Have printed out the pages and made the cutlist. Bowstrings are going to be the problem - Going to have to play with different methods. Tentatively going for 1 mm steel cable at first, possibly wrapped where the goatsfoot fits.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Breezy Tamzee

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 11:30:10 PM »

Wow, thank you for this terrific list!  I'll have fun going through these and will probably print out several and keep them with my food and water supplies in the basement..... I'm a newbie prepper and just have some basics so far :-)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf