Author Topic: The Long Game to Recapture the Country  (Read 942 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
The Long Game to Recapture the Country
« on: November 15, 2012, 11:54:01 pm »

The Long Game to Recapture the Country
November 15, 2012

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: We got this piece in The Daily Beast: "A Scarlet Letter -- the Monica Lewinsky-ing of Paula Broadwell -- When powerful men stray, the press continues to ogle, and shame, the women they do it with, writes Allison Yarrow."  And this whole story got me to thinking about how the country's changed in terms of simple things like humor.  What used to be harmless, clever humor, today is heard by the people who've been educated the last 30, 35 years, today causes legitimate anger and indignation and charges of cruelty and insensitivity and bigotry or sexism or what have you.  I've been doing a lot of thinking about this.

I really think that we've gotta adopt a very, very long game if we're going to recapture the country, and we have to do what the left did.  And I don't know how yet.  But we are going to have to recapture the public education of this country, because that, folks, is where decent, honorable, really good, normal people like Mitt Romney end up being thought of as despicable human beings.  It is through 30 or more years of public education run totally by liberals and the way they have characterized their opponents.  I see it every day.

As you know, I'm a big technophile, and I read every tech blog there is, particularly those related to Apple.  And all of these people contributing and writing and posting these blogs are under 30.  And they live in a different world than I do and they live in a different world than I grew up in.  The things that they just assume are true, like there is no doubt whatsoever that we are destroying the planet with global warming, no doubt.  They can't even conceive of what you and I both know to be the truth, and that is, the whole global warming thing is a hoax.  They do not even think it's a political issue.  They do not realize that everything they believe in has been totally corrupted by politics.

excerpt:  http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2012/11/15/the_long_game_to_recapture_the_country

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald