Author Topic: Some thoughts on Petraeus  (Read 1041 times)

famousdayandyear

Some thoughts on Petraeus
« on: November 13, 2012, 03:18:37 am »
Some thoughts on Petraeus
November 11th, 2012

So, I’m trying to sort out this whole thing about David Petraeus’ revelation that he had an affair. I’m wondering what the hell he was doing in charge of the CIA and conducting an affair with his official email account. What kind of spy chief would do that? OK, he shouldn’t have been having an affair in the first place, but what grade of moron does it with a government email account? And, then apparently, he gave this woman access to his email account which she then used to harass other people? Was she wearing Depends while she was doing it – because that’s the kind of crazy that drives across country wearing Depends to save time.

According to Fox News, Broadwell admits that she works out with Petraeus when she’s in town, but we noticed back in January that she needed work on her pushups.

“By any measure, he was one of the outstanding General officers of his generation, helping our military adapt to new challenges, and leading our men and women in uniform through a remarkable period of service in Iraq and Afghanistan, where he helped our nation put those wars on a path to a responsible end,” Obama said. The White House has named Michael Morell, the agency’s deputy director, to serve as acting director.

The decision abruptly ends the public-service career of one of the military’s most vaunted leaders. He led the surge in Iraq, and was later tapped to lead U.S. and NATO forces in Afghanistan — following two years at the helm of U.S. Central Command. In April 2011, Obama again tapped Petraeus to lead the CIA.

Well, as far as I’m concerned, if this whole thing about an affair turns out to be true, in my memoirs, Petraeus will come off as a moron. It’s really poor judgement to have an affair in the first place, and especially stupid to conduct it on a government email account – what with all of the alternative options available. And being the head of CIA, he must have been aware of all of the ways he coould have been caught. It’s as if he wanted to be caught.

I’m not subscribing to the theory that it was all manufactured to keep him from testifying about the Benghazi fiasco, that would be too easy to circumvent, but then this affair thing is majorly stupid on everyone’s parts.

http://thisainthell.us/

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Re: Some thoughts on Petraeus
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 03:32:07 am »
I believe that Patreus is now set up to become the scapegoat on Benghazi. 

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 03:32:55 am »
The whole thing with him & Panetta switching jobs - does not make sense.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 04:28:29 am »
The whole thing with him & Panetta switching jobs - does not make sense.

I never "got" why he didn't go to Defense instead of CIA.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776