Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« on: November 11, 2012, 07:14:41 PM »

Support the USO

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 07:17:23 PM »
Can you imagine if a Republican was in the White House.

This would be Katrina x1000.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Relic

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 07:21:21 PM »
I hope they all voted Obama.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 07:21:27 PM »
Myst, you should consider moving this over to the preparedness forum.  This is the case for why you need to constantly work on your survival plan.  It takes time, money and effort to accumulate and organize your kit but it can be done and it is never too late to start.  At the very least you should keep a personal survival kit in your car for each member of your family, individual bugout bags tailored for your family and a 72 hour GOOD (Get Our Of Dodge) emergency hit-the-road-right-now kit in plastic tubs or whatever else you can come up with to fit your family.  Of course, you need a plan for where you intend to go or you just end up as some other State's storm refugee, living in a FEMA trailer park.

Just because you cannot prepare for every emergency doesn't mean you shouldn't prepare for any...

Offline olde north church

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 06:25:03 AM »
I hope they all voted Obama.

"They", in all likelihood didn't.  Ocean and Monmouth county are two of the most reliably Republican, nay, conservative counties in New Jersey. 
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 03:27:17 PM »
"They", in all likelihood didn't.  Ocean and Monmouth county are two of the most reliably Republican, nay, conservative counties in New Jersey.

In the meantime Governor Christie has time to go on SNL

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 04:46:53 PM »
In the meantime Governor Christie has time to go on SNL

The SNL thing didn't bother me, overall.  What bothered me about the response was the non-shore areas being treated like step-children.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 06:07:16 PM »
My guess is he assumes they will. Vote for him regardless??? I watced outtakes of the SNL and wasnKt amused, imagine if Bush had done that?

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 06:35:57 PM »
My guess is he assumes they will. Vote for him regardless??? I watced outtakes of the SNL and wasnKt amused, imagine if Bush had done that?

That and his upcoming head to head with Cory Booker.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2012, 09:07:54 PM »
That and his upcoming head to head with Cory Booker.

I actually suspect Booker will soundly defeat Christie.  We shall see.

Offline Relic

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2012, 08:47:25 AM »
I actually suspect Booker will soundly defeat Christie.  We shall see.

Booker is black, and Democrat. Christie's overstuffed goose is cooked.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 09:16:35 AM »
"She only coughs when she lies."

gogogodzilla

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2012, 12:33:14 AM »
Myst, you should consider moving this over to the preparedness forum.  This is the case for why you need to constantly work on your survival plan.  It takes time, money and effort to accumulate and organize your kit but it can be done and it is never too late to start.  At the very least you should keep a personal survival kit in your car for each member of your family, individual bugout bags tailored for your family and a 72 hour GOOD (Get Our Of Dodge) emergency hit-the-road-right-now kit in plastic tubs or whatever else you can come up with to fit your family.  Of course, you need a plan for where you intend to go or you just end up as some other State's storm refugee, living in a FEMA trailer park.

Just because you cannot prepare for every emergency doesn't mean you shouldn't prepare for any...

Just remember, if you live in a urban or suburban area and the call to evacuate is put out... you will be trying to evacuate along with everyone else in your region.  Which means the highways *WILL* be parking lots.  And all the gas stations near the highways will be drained of gasoline.

If you can, leave via the 2-lane country back roads. Also, use the gas stations in the tiny, rural towns (they'll probably have gas for longer than any other station).  Plus, they'll also be more likely to have a hand pump in the event the power goes out... and be willing to sell the gas and just write up the transaction for later tally.

Another thing to consider is that hotels will most likely be full to capacity... and the prices will be astronomical.  A way around that is to pack as if you are going camping; then head to a state or national park to camp out.  The prices will be low and there will water and sanitary facilities (restrooms/showers) as well as a good possibility of a camp store for food and other sundries.

In other words, it'll be much cheaper and more available in comparison to hotels.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf