Author Topic: Mitt's Key to Victory-What Pollsters Aren't Blaring (Podhoretz)  (Read 2991 times)

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

Mitt's Key to Victory-What Pollsters Aren't Blaring (Podhoretz)
« on: November 06, 2012, 08:12:15 AM »

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

Re: Mitt's Key to Victory-What Pollsters Aren't Blaring (Podhoretz)
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 08:19:54 AM »
Could THIS be why all the anecdotal evidence points to a big Romney win, yet the polls do not???    Is this the "something wrong here" that Brit Hume mentioned yesterday?

PLEASE GIVE US A REPEAT OF THE WISCONSIN RECALL VOTE!!!   :beer:

:0001: :0001:

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 08:23:00 AM »
For the progressive, there is very little to love about the United States. Washington, Jefferson, Madison? A bunch of rotten slaveholders, hypocrites, and cowards even when their hearts were in the right places. The Declaration of Independence? A manifesto for the propertied classes. The Constitution? An artifact of sexism and white supremacy. The sacrifices in the great wars of the 20th century? Feeding the poor and the disenfranchised into the meat-grinder of imperialism. The gifts of Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Morgan, Astor? Blood money from self-aggrandizing robber barons. Nat Rev

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 09:33:01 AM »
NeverTrump wants to deny you YOUR voice, YOUR presidential choice.

Offline SouthTexas

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 09:56:10 AM »
Why does this matter? Because never in the history of polling, dating back to 1936, have self-identified Republicans outnumbered Democrats on Election Day. Never. Ever.

Don't know if I buy into this part, what about Ronald Reagan in '80 and '84?  This country has always been more conservative than liberal.  The lines between the two parties have been getting clearer and clearer since the '60s.  Now it's blatantly obvious, but still, in some areas, you must keep the rat tag on your voter card to be able to vote in local elections.  I.E. no republicans

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 06:09:09 PM »
I was feeling pretty good until Fox showed the Ohio exit polls.

Offline Puss-N-Boots

• God. Family. Seahawks!
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 06:11:10 PM »
The Constitution is not a suggestion.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 06:39:36 PM »
Does anyone know whether exit pollsters actually cover every single precinct, because if they don't, the results are inherently questionable. They could exit poll in Chicago, Philadelphia and New York City, but that doesn't mean diddlysquat if they're not polling in (let's face it) white suburban and rural areas as well.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2012, 06:40:48 PM »
Does anyone know whether exit pollsters actually cover every single precinct, because if they don't, the results are inherently questionable. They could exit poll in Chicago, Philadelphia and New York City, but that doesn't mean diddlysquat if they're not polling in (let's face it) white suburban and rural areas as well.

I posted something here a week or so ago that they are really limiting where and how they exit poll this year.... so yes... beware.

Offline TomSea

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2016, 12:40:17 PM »
Gladly voted for Romney, and I thought Mitt had the best pitch in 2008; if Romney had won in 2012; obviously we would have been much better.

Per MassResistance,  Romney did allow gay marriage to be passed, the bill was something like Tabled and inaction helped it pass; Oh, but this doesn't stop Ted Cruz's endorsement of Romney.

Virgil Goode calls Romney the Father of Gay Marriage, Newt Gingrich called him a Massachusetts Liberal; and of course, we know Obamacare is fashioned somewhat from Massachusetts health care plan, Romney signed it from a Democratic controlled Senate and House; so he was basically just signing what elected officials wanted, let alone, it is called Romneycare; maybe he did help write it; I personally do not know.

Romney got the endorsements of pro-life organizations but let this not deter those who will call him names on this issue.

So, when we see the current candidate pilloried in 2016, there are honest questions on how they saw Mitt; or is the Cruz-Bot hate machine at full swing on this as well?

And I voted for Romney if I didn't say and I'm sure we would be 100% better than under Obama.  Especially with jobs and the handling of foreign affairs.

:peeonobama:
Concerned Women of America says the Trump administration is the most Pro-Life administration ever. Take that so-called Conservatives.

Offline TomSea

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2016, 12:41:46 PM »
In October of that year, 2012,  Romney led Obama by 3 points in the UPI poll; pretty amazing.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/upi-poll-romney-leads-obama-by-3-points
Concerned Women of America says the Trump administration is the most Pro-Life administration ever. Take that so-called Conservatives.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf