Author Topic: Hundreds of Ohio Voters Receive Double Absentee Ballots  (Read 875 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Hundreds of Ohio Voters Receive Double Absentee Ballots
« on: November 05, 2012, 09:51:28 PM »

Hundreds of Ohio Voters Receive Double Absentee Ballots

5 Nov 2012, 2:35 PM PDT

More than 240 voters in Ohio received two absentee ballots due to what is being called a ballot vendor error.

According to the Dayton Daily News, elections officials in Miami County, Ohio said voters were sent two absentee ballots instead of one, and the elections board staff has been calling voters who received two ballots to apologize for the error, which they are blaming on a vendor that was contracted to mail ballots.

In addition, 35 people -- due to errors by the same company -- did not receive absentee ballots that were prepared but not mailed. 

The elections board advised those who received two ballots to only return one ballot and vote only once.
“The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.” G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • SMOD 2016
Re: Hundreds of Ohio Voters Receive Double Absentee Ballots
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 09:53:28 PM »
One thing this election is definitely shaking out is just how half-a$$ed and jerry-rigged our election systems are.  There has got to be a better way to establish uniform best practices that create a strong, demonstrable audit trail for votes cast that also allows for robust identification of those who are eligible to vote and those who are not.
I won't vote for Clinton, but I cannot vote for Trump.  How could I explain to my daughter why I supported a man who sees her as nothing more than a piece of meat, a piece of a$$ for him to grope for his own private pleasure.

"Trump supporter" - the very definition of an SFI

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo