Author Topic: Last minute endorsements  (Read 1169 times)

famousdayandyear

Last minute endorsements
« on: November 06, 2012, 12:24:25 am »

Last minute endorsements
November 5th, 2012

500 retired flag officers are sponsoring an ad in the Washington Times today endorsing Mitt Romney for President.

In plain terms the officers, who paid for the ad themselves, said they support Mr. Romney: “We, the undersigned, proudly support Governor Mitt Romney as our nation’s next president and commander-in-chief.”

The ad then goes on to list all of the officers, in alphabetical order, in four columns of print.

OK, that’s great, but where have you guys been the last four years? It seems to me that 500 flag officers endorsing Romney could have done a lot more by spreading out across the country talking for him than a simple list in a conservative newspaper. But, I’m sure it’s just a way to piss off Marty Dempsey who thinks we should all sit down and shut up when we’re talking about his boss.

Not on the list is Colin Powell, of course, because he’s his own man who votes his conscience (snickering here).

In other not-news, John Hawkins of Right Wing News polled conservative bloggers yesterday for our choice, and *surprise!* 92.6% of us are admitting that we’re voting for Romney and we expect Romney to win.

So I guess the election is all sown up since everyone you expect to vote for Romney is still voting for him.

By the way, by popular demand, TAH will be live-blogging the election returns tomorrow night, so mark your calenders.

http://thisainthell.us/

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
Re: Last minute endorsements
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 02:42:08 am »
That's a heck of a lot of gen'ruls! What the heck, why aren't there any endorsements by Sergeants First Class? There are definitely more of us.
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

famousdayandyear

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 02:54:19 am »
That's a heck of a lot of gen'ruls! What the heck, why aren't there any endorsements by Sergeants First Class? There are definitely more of us.

Don't think there would be enough paper or newspaper space to print them all.  :beer:
And, by the way, thanks for what you have done for me and our country :patriot:

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 10:27:22 pm »
Don't think there would be enough paper or newspaper space to print them all.  :beer:
And, by the way, thanks for what you have done for me and our country :patriot:

Thanx for supporting me and the rest while we were doing the job. :patriot:
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.