Author Topic: GALLUP: R 49% O 48%  (Read 2140 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
GALLUP: R 49% O 48%
« on: November 05, 2012, 01:09:49 PM »
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 01:25:38 PM by mysteR˛y-ak »

Support the USO

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Re: GALLUP: R 49% O 48%
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 01:13:17 PM »
So pretty much where everyone else is.

Obama still riding high on his Sandy/Christie bounce.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 01:18:13 PM »
No, I think it started to wear off Saturday and should show up big time tomorrow!!! :0001:

Weekend polls are always better for Democrats.

You can even see this by comments posted on newspaper/TV websites.  Weekend comments are almost always dominated by Democrats, since most Republicans have better things to do than sit around at home, answer polls, and post talking points on every site possible.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 01:36:46 PM »
Are they still D+5 on their sample?
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 01:40:33 PM »
Remember this poll includes Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sun.....Thurs and Fri  BHO was still getting his little his Sandy bump..

Support the USO

Offline SoftwareEngineer

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 01:43:23 PM »
THU was an especially bad day on RAS (my calculations show the President was ahead 3 or so point of the Governor on THU individual day polling)

FRI was OK, but SAT was still a decent polling day for the President

I had called this result on another forum at 9 AM CST today. Gallup is using this opportunity to "walk back". Sad

They should have shown us daily polling results

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 01:46:50 PM »
Well I am disappointed..I am not naive to think Gallup would show a 4 or 5 pt spread but I was hoping for a 2 or 3...well out of the MOE....oh well...

Support the USO

Offline jmyrlefuller

• Krampus
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 01:48:39 PM »

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 01:52:14 PM »
I find it difficult to believe one of these candidates isn't going to get at least 50 percent of the vote, and when I look at who is most likely to do that based on the internals (such as job approval with likely voters and who is most likely to help the economy) I don't see how OPapaDoc can break through.  I think a lot of people are going to be telling the reporters tomorrow they went in intending to vote Obama but changed their mind at the last minute based only on their intuition that we needed a change.
"She only coughs when she lies."

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 01:57:50 PM »
Like all of you I have been polled almost daily....yesterday I did 2 polls...in all of them I have lied...I either tell them I an an Indy, Dem....undecided is my fav...lol.....the very first poll I took after I identified myself as a Repub they hung up...lol....I have even told them in a couple that I am voting for BHO...so if I am doing it others are too....

Support the USO

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf