Author Topic: Food ideas for Romney-Ryan election night results (victory) party  (Read 2028 times)

Offline mountaineer

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline mountaineer

Re: Food ideas for Romney-Ryan election night results (victory) party
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 10:02:29 AM »
Anyone planning a results-watching event? Is it possible to have a party while watching the TV and posting on GOPBR?  :laugh:

I'll probably be at the courthouse for a while to observe the vote tallying. We were invited to a 9 p.m. party, but we'll skip it because it's too far a drive. A Romney win (not to mention Repub wins in other races of importance) may inspire me to pop open some bubbly, though. Kevin's suggestions for fruity sparkling drinks for those who don't want to consume alcohol are pretty good, too. I like to combine cranberry juice and Sprite and a dash of orange juice for a refreshing non-alcoholic drink.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 12:39:38 PM by mountaineer »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• Krampus
  • Angry goat-like creature
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 10:45:30 AM »
I'm thinking I'm probably going to be quite a bit too anxious to be eating much Tuesday night. With so many swing states so close (which is still better than anyone could have expected of a Republican nominee, even eight years ago), it's going to be one of those edge-of-your-seat nights. I'm really hoping some "blue states" like PA, MI, and WI fall to Romney. It's going to be really close, but not out of the realm of possibility.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 10:52:54 AM »
For the progressive, there is very little to love about the United States. Washington, Jefferson, Madison? A bunch of rotten slaveholders, hypocrites, and cowards even when their hearts were in the right places. The Declaration of Independence? A manifesto for the propertied classes. The Constitution? An artifact of sexism and white supremacy. The sacrifices in the great wars of the 20th century? Feeding the poor and the disenfranchised into the meat-grinder of imperialism. The gifts of Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Morgan, Astor? Blood money from self-aggrandizing robber barons. Nat Rev

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

Support the USO

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 10:58:31 AM »
And then sometime around midnite...

For the progressive, there is very little to love about the United States. Washington, Jefferson, Madison? A bunch of rotten slaveholders, hypocrites, and cowards even when their hearts were in the right places. The Declaration of Independence? A manifesto for the propertied classes. The Constitution? An artifact of sexism and white supremacy. The sacrifices in the great wars of the 20th century? Feeding the poor and the disenfranchised into the meat-grinder of imperialism. The gifts of Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Morgan, Astor? Blood money from self-aggrandizing robber barons. Nat Rev

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 11:01:58 AM »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 12:43:10 PM »
I'm calm, too. It may just be anecdotal, but seeing Romney signs outnumber Obama signs significantly in eastern Ohio and western Pennsylvania has encouraged me.

As for partying, the Hillbuzz idea of Michigan/Massachusetts/Wisconsin treats to honor the Romney & Ryan ticket is pretty good. I'd probably lean toward the Wisc. side, though: beer, cheese and sausages. Wait a minute, clam chowder would be nice, too.  Hmmm.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 01:03:43 PM »
I'm calm, too. It may just be anecdotal, but seeing Romney signs outnumber Obama signs significantly in eastern Ohio and western Pennsylvania has encouraged me.

As for partying, the Hillbuzz idea of Michigan/Massachusetts/Wisconsin treats to honor the Romney & Ryan ticket is pretty good. I'd probably lean toward the Wisc. side, though: beer, cheese and sausages. Wait a minute, clam chowder would be nice, too.  Hmmm.

Being a bona fide Cheesehead living south of the Cheddar Curtain, I definitely opt for the beer, cheese and sausages. :beer:
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 01:04:09 PM by Lando Lincoln »

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 01:08:16 PM »
I've got two bottles of champagne chilling.  I think I'll put together a platter with some cheeses, apple slices, nuts and crackers.  Sliced ham on warm rolls.  Celery sticks and carrots.  Finish off with dark chocolate and fig newtons.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 01:10:43 PM »
I've had a bottle of champagne chilling in the event something else good happens (something related to Mr. M's workplace), but what the heck, we can buy another bottle. If this election goes well, nationally if not state/locally, it still may be worth popping the cork.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2012, 01:17:17 PM »
I cannot buy into the certainty of a Romney win.

Which ever way it goes, I hope the final polls are saved for comparison to actual results.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf