Author Topic: Gravis Nationwide Poll: R 48%, 0 48% (D+8)  (Read 2195 times)

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Gravis Nationwide Poll: R 48%, 0 48% (D+8)
« on: November 04, 2012, 10:57:25 PM »
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
Re: Gravis Nationwide Poll: R 48%, 0 48% (D+8)
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 11:12:34 PM »
Some of the poll details:
The margin of error for the survey is +/-3.3% and higher for subgroups.

party affiliation:

D-40/R-32/Ind-28

Basically, another poll that oversamples democrats.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 11:18:17 PM »
These polls are so ridiculous they are not even worth taking time to look at.......  I'm thinking I am just going to keep my nose to the grindstone tomorrow and not even look here and try to get depressed.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 11:37:34 PM »

Offline Batman

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 11:51:01 PM »
There is nothing to be depressed about with a poll that has them tied at 48% with a D+8 sample. This poll is more evidence as to why Romney is going to win and probably win big! You over sample Dems by 8% and Obama still only has 48%. That should be very depressing for the president 2 days before the election. I really don't know what the strategy is behind some of these polls. I guess, even 48 hours before the election, propaganda is more important than accuracy. Things like this will just make Tuesday and the days that follow that much sweeter.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 11:52:10 PM »
There is nothing to be depressed about with a poll that has them tied at 48% with a D+8 sample. This poll is more evidence as to why Romney is going to win and probably win big! You over sample Dems by 8% and Obama still only has 48%. That should be very depressing for the president 2 days before the election. I really don't know what the strategy is behind some of these polls. I guess, even 48 hours before the election, propaganda is more important than accuracy. Things like this will just make Tuesday and the days that follow that much sweeter.

If they're wrong, they'll claim it was because they were simply basing turnout on 2008 and the model was wrong.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 11:54:08 PM »
If they're wrong, they'll claim it was because they were simply basing turnout on 2008 and the model was wrong.

Of course, but that doesn't excuse their performance; anyone with half a brain knows that this is not a replay of 2008 - it's not even a replay of 2010, although it's much closer to 2010 - so there is simply no excuse for using 2008 as the benchmark without solid evidence and analysis to back up that benchmark.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 12:08:42 AM »
I guess, even 48 hours before the election, propaganda is more important than accuracy.

To Democrats nothing is more important than their propaganda.

Their stories always mean more to them than any reality...they believe they make and speak reality into being.  If these don't hold up over time, they'll just make up new explanations and believe those with the same fervor.

They have probably assessed that calling the race a tie is the best way to get their voters to the polls, so today every poll is tied....they are manipulating samples to get the desired propaganda result.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Batman

• Members
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 09:13:45 AM »

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 09:17:20 AM »
My thoughts exactly! Tomorrow however, America has the chance to show the Democrats and their MSM partners what reality really is. It is time. It is going to be August 1st Chik-Fil-A day all across the nation. From what I am seeing and hearing, I don't think the Democrats can steal enough votes to turn this tide! Let's Roll!!!!!!

That is my motto!! THINK Chick-Fil-A!!! :patriot:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Emma

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 09:30:51 AM »
Romney ticked up in Rasmussen today, 49 to 48 per Drudge.

Which translated (to me anyway) means about 52 to 46.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf