Author Topic: Ryan Draws Huge Crowd in Minnesota  (Read 1033 times)

Offline Queen

Ryan Draws Huge Crowd in Minnesota
« on: November 04, 2012, 09:08:16 PM »

With a new American Future Fund poll showing Mitt Romney with a once unthinkable one-point lead in liberal Minnesota, Paul Ryan on Sunday went to the state President Barack Obama won by more than 10 percentage points and drew a crowd of nearly 6,500 people.

Ryan's campaign appearance there represented how the Romney campaign was aggressively playing offense on Obama's electoral turf to expand the electoral map. Obama has spent the last weeks of the campaign on defense, trying to hold onto states -- like Minnesota and Wisconsin -- he comfortably won in 2008 and were once included in the campaign's baseline of states guaranteed to go into Obama's electoral column,

According to NBC News, it was Ryan's largest solo event to date.

“We could use your help, Minnesota. How about it? What do you say?” Ryan said. “Look at this: Vikings for Romney-Ryan. Even Vikings fans and Packers fans can lie down together for this country.”

Ryan also said as he traveled around the country people have often thought he was from Minnesota.

"People say ‘Oh yeah, Ryan, you're that budget guy from Minnesota, right?’," Ryan said. "I say, ‘No I’m from Wisconsin, close. We’re the Catholic deer hunters; they are the Lutheran deer hunters.'"

Minnesota also has a gay marriage initiative on the ballot on Tuesday, and this may bring out enough Evangelical voters to tip the state in Romney and Ryan's favor in a close contest.

NBC News political reporter took the photos below and posted them to her Twitter account.

Offline Saltbag

Re: Ryan Draws Huge Crowd in Minnesota
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 10:02:59 PM »
Paul Ryan is 42 years old (older than me by about 10 months.  :whistle: ) My loving wife reminded me I was about his age and jokingly called me a slacker.  Fortunately, I know where she sleeps at night so I can exact revenge.

In all seriousness, It's going to be interesting to see how the second half of his life rolls out.  If he becomes VP with his political stance at 42, it's encouraging for the future.

It may seem inconsequential to you guys, but Ryan caught me when he referred to "Natural Law" in his first few speeches when he was announced as VP.  It wasn't anecdotal, but matter of fact.  He didn't explain what it meant, despite the fact that many people probably didn't know what Natural Law means in history.  You just don't hear that very often from main stream politicians.

"Any act of government must necessarily reduce freedom" - Thomas Sowell

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • SMOD 2016
Re: Ryan Draws Huge Crowd in Minnesota
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 11:16:17 PM »
Since those photos were taken by an NBC news political agent (I can no longer grant them the pretense of being journalists of any stripe), do they have the effect of understating the audience, or are they a fair representation of the number of people who attended?
I won't vote for Clinton, but I cannot vote for Trump.  How could I explain to my daughter why I supported a man who sees her as nothing more than a piece of meat, a piece of a$$ for him to grope for his own private pleasure.

"Trump supporter" - the very definition of an SFI

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo