Author Topic: Likely Voter Poll: Romney Ahead in Deep Blue Minnesota  (Read 1242 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Likely Voter Poll: Romney Ahead in Deep Blue Minnesota
« on: November 04, 2012, 01:00:53 AM »

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Likely Voter Poll: Romney Ahead in Deep Blue Minnesota
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 01:01:31 AM »
If we could win MN and WI then the pressure is off Ohio and we wouldn't have to wait 10 days before they count absentee votes to declare a winner.

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Likely Voter Poll: Romney Ahead in Deep Blue Minnesota
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 01:04:16 AM »
Jimkaz886

I'm from Minnesota as well - there is definitely a groundswell of support, but I've never seen a Republican win MN in my lifetime (just missed Nixon)so I'm not holding my breath.  I can tell you this - my buddy had beers with his dad and his dad's friends the other Sunday watching the Vikes game.  Buddy is conservative, dad is retired union leader at a paper mill in north central part of the state, so lifelong DFL'er (what we call Democrats here).  Long story short, dad and most of his 11 friends have NEVER voted Republican (3 had voted for Reagan in '80) for president.  Out of the 12, 9 of them are voting Romney.  My buddy thinks that this one data point seals the deal from Romney.  I wish that I could be as optimistic, but there clearly is support here that transcends partisan divide.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf