Author Topic: Mitt Romney Looks and Sounds Like a Man About to Become President  (Read 903 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Mitt Romney Looks and Sounds Like a Man About to Become President
November 02, 2012

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Here's Romney, wearing a suit and tie.  He looked presidential.  For those of you interested in style over substance, he looked it. Obama's wearing an Air Force One jacket, open collar.  Here's Romney in West Allis, Wisconsin.

ROMNEY:  He said he was gonna lower the unemployment rate down to 5.2% right now.  Today we learned that it's actually 7.9%, and that's nine million jobs short of what he promised.  Unemployment is higher today than when Barack Obama took office.  Think of that.  Unemployment today is higher than on the day Barack Obama took office.  He promised that he would propose a plan to save Social Security and Medicare from insolvency.  He didn't.  Rather, he raided $716 billion from Medicare to pay for his vaunted Obamacare.

AUDIENCE: (booing)

ROMNEY:  And gasoline.  The American family now pays $2,000 a year more for gasoline than when he was elected.

RUSH:  You want to hear some other numbers?  You heard the unemployment numbers.  The gasoline price, $1.84 when Obama took office; $3.50 national average today.  On his first day in office there were 32 million Americans on food stamps.  Today 47 million.  On his first day in office, the deficit was $10.6 trillion.  Today the national debt, $16.3 trillion.  He's added $6 trillion to the national debt in four years.  When Obama was sworn in, the median family income, about $55,000.  Today, 50.  So nearly $4,500, $5,000 has been lopped off of the median family income.  One in six Americans are in poverty.

No matter how you look at it, no matter how you spin it, no matter how you slice and dice it, Obama has made things worse.  His policies have caused great damage to this country and they will continue to if he's reelected, and he wants them to.  And again, I'll just tell you, Barack Obama has to get his policies out of the way temporarily for there to be progress and help on the way to the Northeast.  The government's bigger; Americans are poorer.  And this is because Obamacare is on its way to being implemented.  And we don't even have Taxmageddon implemented yet.  George Lucas sold Lucas Films to Disney for $4 billion.  He sold it this year to escape Obama's new taxes next year.  That's why he did it.  By the way, speaking of bipartisanship, here's Mitt Romney again in West Allis, Wisconsin, this morning at a campaign event.

ROMNEY:  Of course he also said he was gonna work across the aisle on the most important issues.  Listen to this.  He has not met on the economy or on the budget or on jobs with either of the Republican leader of the House or the Senate since July.  Instead of bridging the divide he's made it wider.  Now, how is it that he's fallen so short of what he promised?  In part it's because he's never led before.  He's never worked across the aisle before.  He never truly understood how jobs are created in the economy.

RUSH:  That's all true.  He still doesn't understand it. He thinks you sign a stimulus bill and jobs happen.  He thinks you convene a two-hour workshop on jobs with Thomas "Loopy" Friedman of the New York Times and jobs happen.  Bipartisanship.  See, bipartisanship is only when Republicans cave.  One more from Romney.

ROMNEY:  Accomplishing real change is something I don't just talk about.  It's something I've done.  It's what I'm gonna do when I'm president of the United States, with your help.

AUDIENCE: (cheers and applause)

ROMNEY:  And so to people across America, if you believe we can do better, if you believe America should be on a better course, if you're tired of being tired, then I ask you to vote for real change.  Paul Ryan and I will bring real change to America from day one.  Now, I know that when I'm elected the economy and the American job market will still be stagnant.  But I won't waste any time complaining about my predecessor.

AUDIENCE: (cheers and applause)

RUSH:  By the way, Obama is speaking now somewhere about free enterprise and risk-taking and dreamers.  In other words, things he doesn't believe.  Which is what all liberals do when it's election time.

END TRANSCRIPT

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald