Author Topic: Rasmussen: Ohio and Michigan  (Read 1216 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Rasmussen: Ohio and Michigan
« on: November 02, 2012, 04:52:21 PM »
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 04:52:53 PM by mysteR˛y-ak »

Support the USO

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Re: Rasmussen: Ohio and Michigan
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 06:24:05 PM »
If Ras is to be believed, Obama has a 20% or more surge among Ohio independents to give him a 15% lead.

The only thing that can explain it is his photo op and basic endorsement from Christie.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 06:27:41 PM »
If Ras is to be believed, Obama has a 20% or more surge among Ohio independents to give him a 15% lead.

The only thing that can explain it is his photo op and basic endorsement from Christie.

I don't believe it.  I believe the people on this board who live in Ohio and some are working on the ground to GOTV.....  they are not going to be swayed by some koombya with Chris Christie.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 06:36:19 PM »
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 09:18:21 PM »

Do you seriously think these polls are at all accurate?  Someone who thinks the federal government is doing a competent job dealing with the hurricane aftermath is not by necessity someone who thinks Obama should be re-elected. 

Are you telling me that, if Carter had only had a hurricane or some other natural disaster a week before the 1980 election he would have turned a rout by Reagan into a victory?  And don't forget, Reagan was trailing Carter in the polls right up until election day.

Furthermore, why on Earth would a pseudo-endorsement from Christie have such an earth-shaking effect on the election results?  If Christie has such sway over American political opinion, why isn't he the candidate rather than Romney?  He certainly would have had a lot of support from conservatives and other republicans during the primaries - witness Ann Coulter, for example - so such overwhelming support from so-called independents and moderates would almost certainly have made him a main contender for the nomination.

I don't know if Romney will rout Obama, or even beat Obama, but I do know that none of these polls can be trusted to have any useable degree of reliability; we are in the realm of political Heisenberg Uncertainty.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 09:22:13 PM by Oceander »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf