Author Topic: Some see GOP voting tsunami coming  (Read 1423 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Some see GOP voting tsunami coming
« on: October 30, 2012, 06:21:39 PM »

Some see GOP voting tsunami coming
October 30, 2012 | 4:52 pm

Democrats more than Republicans are getting their most loyal supporters to vote early, but with polls showing a close race among those who have voted so far, concerns are being raised about a GOP tsunami on the actual Election Day, next Tuesday.

According to a GOP analysis of early voting and absentee ballot requests provided to Secrets, the Democrats are turning out their most reliable, or so-called "high propensity voters" than Republicans, leaving fewer for Election Day. The GOP is pushing weaker supporters to vote early, expecting high enthusiasm to drive their regular supporters to the polls next week.

"Democrats are cannibalizing their high-propensity voters in advance of election day to get stories that they are winning," said a GOP analyst. "But in effect they are stealing from Peter, or Election Day, to pay Paul, or early voting."

For example, in Ohio, the Democrats have turned out 43 percent of the most loyal supporters to vote, compared to just 27 percent of the GOP. In Iowa, the difference is 43 percent to 29 percent.

"Republicans will have more reliable voters available on Election Day and are spending our efforts turning out low propensity voters in the absentee and early voting periods," added the analysis.

Even with the difference in turnout of loyal supporters, Gallup finds that among early voters, Romney is beating Obama 52 percent to 45 percent, though some state totals show an Obama advantage. Plus in states like North Carolina, Colorado and Iowa, the GOP has seen huge requests for last-minute absentee ballots this month.

Support the USO
#NeverHillary  Not#NeverTrump

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Some see GOP voting tsunami coming
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 06:22:33 PM »
“The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.” G Washington July 2, 1776

Online Oceander

• Technical
  • SMOD 2016
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 09:37:05 PM »
If this analysis is correct, and if it is the case that the GOP has been effective in reaching low-reliance voters with the emphasis on early/absentee voting, then the results could be in Romney's favor because the republican base - the reliable republican voters - will absolutely turn out on election day in full force to vote against Obama.  I intend to be first in line at my polling place, and I will certainly not be voting for Obama.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 09:37:35 PM by Oceander »
I won't vote for Clinton, but I cannot vote for Trump.  How could I explain to my daughter why I supported a man who sees her as nothing more than a piece of meat, a piece of a$$ for him to grope for his own private pleasure.

"Trump supporter" - the very definition of an SFI

Offline Chieftain

• Your what hurts??
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 10:21:07 PM »
There are a lot of Democrats who voted for Obama in 2008 that are voting him out or just staying home this time.  Sure, Obama will win 95% of the Black vote but that will not get him reelected.

Even without Benghazi breaking wide open, which it still could before election day, but now looks more likely for afterwards, Obama has been consistently polling in the mid 40's and if he cannot hit 50% at a minimum in these polls then he is a goner.

Offline Tunehead54

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 02:51:23 PM »

You can reliably report to your insurance company that someone just stole your graphic - thanks!

Offline SouthTexas

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 08:55:25 AM »
Well you can one to the GOP totals, I'm done.  Actually niece was next to me in the booths and asked if she could just vote straight Republican so I guess I can attest to two.  :patriot:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo