Author Topic: Ruh-roh: was General Ham ordered to #StandDown & relieved of his command when he tried to deploy forces to Benghazi?  (Read 3580 times)

famousdayandyear

October 27, 2012
Ruh-roh: was General Ham ordered to #StandDown & relieved of his command when he tried to deploy forces to Benghazi? [Darleen Click]

Rumor? could be but it sounds plausible enough …

I heard a story today from someone inside the military that I trust entirely. The story was in reference to General Ham that Panetta referenced in the quote below.

“(The) basic principle is that you don’t deploy forces into harm’s way without knowing what’s going on; without having some real-time information about what’s taking place,” Panetta told Pentagon reporters. “And as a result of not having that kind of information, the commander who was on the ground in that area, Gen. Ham, Gen. Dempsey and I felt very strongly that we could not put forces at risk in that situation.”

The information I heard today was that General Ham as head of Africom received the same e-mails the White House received requesting help/support as the attack was taking place. General Ham immediately had a rapid response unit ready and communicated to the Pentagon that he had a unit ready.

General Ham then received the order to stand down. His response was to screw it, he was going to help anyhow. Within 30 seconds to a minute after making the move to respond, his second in command apprehended General Ham and told him that he was now relieved of his command.

The story continues that now General Rodiguez would take General Ham’s place as the head of Africon.

I found this story when I got home after hearing this story.

President Barack Obama will nominate Army Gen. David Rodriguez to succeed Gen. Carter Ham as commander of U.S. Africa Command and Marine Lt. Gen. John Paxton to succeed Gen. Joseph Dunford as assistant commandant of the Marine Corps, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta announced Thursday.

General Rodigues Nominated as Head of Africon

As I was typing this I heard John Bolton on Greta say that there are conflicting reports of General Ham’s comments on this tragedy and why a rapid response unit was not deployed. Bolton says someone needs to find out what Ham was saying on 9/11/12.

Interesting to say the least.

http://proteinwisdom.com/?p=44819

Offline Rapunzel

First General Ham and today the Admiral of the Middle East task force... I don't like this.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online Lando Lincoln

This gets uglier by the day.  The desperate attempts to keep a lid on this until November 7 are failing, it seems to me.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
First General Ham and today the Admiral of the Middle East task force... I don't like this.

Did you see this from yesterday?

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/print-friendly/50586

Didn't pay a lot of attention to it yesterday but today's events make it FAR more compelling reading!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

Did you see this from yesterday?

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/print-friendly/50586

Didn't pay a lot of attention to it yesterday but today's events make it FAR more compelling reading!

No, I hadn't seen it - you should repost this as it's own thread.

This toward the end is scary:

Russia has now moved their contingent of S-400 missiles into much of Syria in anticipation of NATO establishing an “air cap” over Syria. A ten-mile “buffer zone” along Syria’s border has been created for Syrian refugees, but it also acts as a catalyst for the encroachment into Syrian territory. It sets the stage for further advancement and erosion of Syrian land, incrementally, of course.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rivergirl

Next we know this lying ba$tard will be posthumously court martialling the two SEALs for disobeying orders and rushing to  the aid of the Ambassador.

Damn this administration  for all time.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I'm not sure this General and Admiral will talk..they just lost their commands they may fear they will lose their pensions....

added....hubby just said Congress should subpoena Ham and make him testify...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 08:25:49 pm by mysteR²y-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Just more bodies under Obama's bus.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
I just got finished backtracking through all of the links on these stories, and so far the speculation about General Ham's departure is just that, speculation.  There is nothing to be found on the net about his replacement other than unsubstantiated rumors.  That said, these unsubstantiated rumors could not be any more disturbing even if they were only half right.

That there is nothing but rumor on this is not surprising.  If these events took place, they happened in one of the most secure areas possible, and the chances of any witnesses saying anything about it at the time or afterward are very slim.  General Ham may eventually have something to say, but I would not be surprised to find out he is under direct orders to keep his mouth shut, and he will do so as long as he remains on active duty.  I would also not be surprised to find out that everyone under his command had been ordered into silence "while the investigation is ongoing".

This is very troubling if indeed it is true, and it makes even bigger liars out of everyone in the entire Administration.  If this is true it is an enormous development, and things don't get any more serious than this.  Nobody will believe that General Ham was fired by anyone other than the President, and the fact it apparently happened during the middle of the crisis underscores that Obama had to be intimately familiar with what was going on.

Where does this end??

Offline Rapunzel

Chief, we do know he was fired... Stars and Stripes made an announcement on October 18th about his replacement.  What is the date Jason Chavettez went to Libya and spent a full day with General Ham?  Was it before or after October 18th?  Seems to me it was before.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chief, we do know he was fired... Stars and Stripes made an announcement on October 18th about his replacement.  What is the date Jason Chavettez went to Libya and spent a full day with General Ham?  Was it before or after October 18th?  Seems to me it was before.

That's right I forgot Chavettez's visit...curious to know if it was before or after
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Next we know this lying ba$tard will be posthumously court martialling the two SEALs for disobeying orders and rushing to  the aid of the Ambassador.

Damn this administration  for all time.

You know...when I was picturing in my mind's eye, President Obama's facial expressions and general demeanor while these cries for assistance were coming in to him....I pictured an angry man who pounded his fist on the table and said something like this"

"You crackers were ORDERED to STAND DOWN!!  Not once.   Not twice....THREE EFFING TIMES!  And now you want me to save your a$$es?   If your in mortal danger now, it's from your own doing.....your own direct disobedience and insubordination of multiple direct offers.   I am NOT going to risk my reelection....and all the work we've put into this stage of the Syrian campaign!'   Go to hell!    And I'm going to bed."

as Rush Limbaugh says....."Don't doubt me!"
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

I'm not sure this General and Admiral will talk..they just lost their commands they may fear they will lose their pensions....

added....hubby just said Congress should subpoena Ham and make him testify...

Congressional subpoenas would be useful here - not because it would force either of these gentlemen to testify, but because it would give them cover to permit them to say what they have to say without fear of official retaliation.