Author Topic: State Of The Ohio Presidential Campaign  (Read 1597 times)

Offline Rapunzel

State Of The Ohio Presidential Campaign
« on: October 25, 2012, 07:33:53 PM »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Re: State Of The Ohio Presidential Campaign
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 07:38:26 PM »
Looking good....keeping fingers crossed.....

Support the USO

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 08:01:10 PM »
Okay... I get it.  I feel better. 

(Might be different 10 minutes from now, tho.)
For the progressive, there is very little to love about the United States. Washington, Jefferson, Madison? A bunch of rotten slaveholders, hypocrites, and cowards even when their hearts were in the right places. The Declaration of Independence? A manifesto for the propertied classes. The Constitution? An artifact of sexism and white supremacy. The sacrifices in the great wars of the 20th century? Feeding the poor and the disenfranchised into the meat-grinder of imperialism. The gifts of Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Morgan, Astor? Blood money from self-aggrandizing robber barons. Nat Rev

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 08:04:36 PM »
Okay... I get it.  I feel better. 

(Might be different 10 minutes from now, tho.)

I know..I hate living on this roller coaster...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 08:05:36 PM by mysteR²y-ak »

Support the USO

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 09:15:22 PM »
 :0001:
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 09:36:37 PM »
Karl Rove was on Hannity and he is pretty confident Romney will win Ohio.  Too much momentum there not to, and too many I's swinging in his direction.  He wasn't so optimistic about PA and MI and some of the others--he still considers them swing states for the most part.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 09:38:38 PM »

Support the USO

Offline billva

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 12:03:32 PM »
What is worrisome about Ohio is the number of people who have already voted and the percentage that is believed to be for Obama.  I know it's less than 4 years ago but still worrisome.

I really don't understand Ohio being this hard to win but hey if that's the way it is, then that's the way it is.

However if that 50-46 number in swing states is correct then a number of states are going to fall Romney's way. 

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2012, 12:29:37 PM »
What is worrisome about Ohio is the number of people who have already voted and the percentage that is believed to be for Obama.  I know it's less than 4 years ago but still worrisome.

I really don't understand Ohio being this hard to win but hey if that's the way it is, then that's the way it is.

However if that 50-46 number in swing states is correct then a number of states are going to fall Romney's way. 

According to those who've crunched numbers before, early voters tend to be more democrats than republicans.  However, the polls are not adjusted for that fact and, if I recall, those voters are included in the "likely voters" category, which effectively means that democrats, again, get overrepresented in likely voter polls.

In other words, the polls are basically still skewed toward the democrats, even when the skewing is not intentional.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf