Author Topic: Romney's toughest debate.........politico  (Read 2149 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Romney's toughest debate.........politico
« on: October 21, 2012, 09:00:10 PM »

Support the USO

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Re: Romney's toughest debate.........politico
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 09:08:39 PM »
How in the wide, wide world of sports can foreign policy be seen as an Obama strength?

That's like viewing foreign policy as a strength for Jimmy Carter.

Politico is totally smoking the Obama crack.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 09:08:41 PM »
What Romney needs most of all is to do what he's done in the last two debates - appear Presidential.  If he can do that, and not completely bomb on the substance, then he effectively wins the debate, even if Obama is technically awarded the points.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 09:12:18 PM »
...a strength for President Barack Obama.

And that is all the father one needs to read on this article.  Don't waste your time.....

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 09:19:45 PM »
What Romney needs most of all is to do what he's done in the last two debates - appear Presidential.  If he can do that, and not completely bomb on the substance, then he effectively wins the debate, even if Obama is technically awarded the points.

I agree.

But, boy.  VandenHei and Allen are really pimping Obama in this piece.  They make it sound as if Romney just as well not show up.

The fact is, Obama got NO benefit from last week's debate, and he'll get no benefit from this one unless Romney falls on his face. 

There's little Obama can do to turn this thing around. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 10:05:07 PM »
I agree.

But, boy.  VandenHei and Allen are really pimping Obama in this piece.  They make it sound as if Romney just as well not show up.

The fact is, Obama got NO benefit from last week's debate, and he'll get no benefit from this one unless Romney falls on his face. 

There's little Obama can do to turn this thing around.

But But But!! Obama has Gloria and her 30 year old story where Mitt tried to keep a girl from getting an Abortion!!! Oh the horrors!

it will be out this week! Gloria will trot that old woman out to talk about it.  Somehow I can't see people relating to a 50+ woman discussing abortion from 30 years ago.. But that is just me :shrug:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2012, 10:16:53 PM »
Bush started two wars; one very popular, the other quickly turned very unopular.

He failed to end either, despite a long, long time.

Starting out Obama's appeal was popular; to end the unpopular one, and to pursue the popular one, but more expertly.

Four more years, and the once popular one has turned unpopular as well. Obama owns the inexpert conduct of that war.

Hint: Americans don't mind wars, if justified and vigorously fought to victory in reasonable time.

Effing around in Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan for longer than WWII will predictably become unpopular.

In Afghanistan we never knew what our objective was at the start. We are still not sure if we achieved it. Looks like we failed, and will walk out soon.

Out of all this Bush/Obama mess Romney ought to be able to say some intelligent things about HIS OWN VISION for our role in the world.

Iran, border with Mexico, islamic extremism worldwide, Arab Spring results, offer a few broad topics.

I will be happy if he says: "On this too, we can and will do better."

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline speekinout

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2012, 10:40:25 PM »
The questions are what will determine if Romney has a chance. If the questions are about general approaches to world policy, he will do fine. But if the questions are specific to anything that's going on now - like what should they be discussing with Iran? or when should they get out of Afghanistan? - Romney will be at a real disadvantage. Anything he says will either be a "There's no difference between the two of them" or "Romney is undermining the country to advance his political career".

If Bob Schieffer is anywhere near as much an 0bama fan as Candy is, Romney can't win. Romney won the first debate because Jim Lehrer didn't take sides. He lost the second because Candy did.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012, 07:49:29 PM »

Agree ... and by Presidential I hope Mitt reminds Americans that "in best interest of the United States" must be part of foreign policy.
"January 20th 2017 will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again."  --  President Donald J. Trump

Offline Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2012, 07:54:21 PM »

Offline Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2012, 07:55:17 PM »

I couldn't agree more!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf