Author Topic: NBC/WSJ: Romney, Obama tied at 47  (Read 514 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
NBC/WSJ: Romney, Obama tied at 47
« on: October 21, 2012, 09:34:52 AM »
http://www.politico.com/blogs/burns-haberman/?hp=bh

NBC/WSJ: Romney, Obama tied at 47
By ALEXANDER BURNS |
10/21/12 9:07 AM EDT

After showing the president maintaining a small, relatively stable lead for much of the 2012 campaign, the NBC/Wall Street Journal poll now finds Barack Obama and Mitt Romney deadlocked among likely voters:

Mr. Romney has pulled abreast of the president for the first time all year in the Journal poll, erasing a three-point lead among likely voters that Mr. Obama had in late September and a five-point lead earlier that month. Mr. Romney's surge followed his strong debate performance in Denver early this month and a contentious second debate with Mr. Obama last week.

With the contest deadlocked and just 5% of voters undecided, the campaigns will now turn heavily to state-by-state efforts to rouse their base and get out the vote.

The poll found Mr. Romney with a wide lead among men, 53% to 43%, while Mr. Obama continues to maintain an advantage among women, 51% to 43%. Mr. Romney's edge among men has grown over the past month, while Mr. Obama's lead among women has slightly diminished.

Obama continues to lead by 5 points among all registered voters tested in the poll, which is why the strength of the two candidates' ground games is of paramount importance in the early voting phase and on Election Day.

Support the USO

Offline andy58-in-nh

Re: NBC/WSJ: Romney, Obama tied at 47
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 09:45:43 AM »
The internals of this poll will not be published until tonight, but I will predict two things: Democrats will be oversampled by at least 6-7%, likely more. And so will women.
Liberalism isn't really about making the world a better place. It's about reassuring the elites that they are good people for wanting to rule over it.

Offline andy58-in-nh

Re: NBC/WSJ: Romney, Obama tied at 47
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 09:19:40 AM »
As promised, here are the internals of this Ohio poll:
R-  26%
D- 35%
I-  34%

D+9

And I calculated, by inference:

Men - 45.5%
Women-54.5%

Women +9

Liberalism isn't really about making the world a better place. It's about reassuring the elites that they are good people for wanting to rule over it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf