Author Topic: Poll shows Romney leading in blue Pennsylvania  (Read 1264 times)

Offline R4 TrumPence

Poll shows Romney leading in blue Pennsylvania
« on: October 18, 2012, 07:01:44 PM »
Poll shows Romney leading in blue Pennsylvania
http://washingtonexaminer.com/poll-shows-romney-leading-in-blue-pennsylvania/article/2511153#.UICKGcXA_P9

A new poll shows Republican Mitt Romney leading in Pennsylvania, a state that Republicans had all but written off just weeks ago but which is now listed as a toss up by the Real Clear Politics website.

Susquehanna Polling and Research provided The Washington Examiner with a poll it conducted for state party officials that shows Romney with a 49 percent to 45 percent lead over President Obama.

It's the first poll to show Romney leading among likely voters in the Keystone State.

"The polling is very clear that the race is certainly up for grabs and Republicans have a tendency to never believe it," Susquehanna President James Lee told The Examiner.

Romney isn't spending much time or money in Pennsylvania, which hasn't backed a Republican presidential candidate since 1988.

Every other Pennsylvania poll shows Obama ahead, though by a narrowing margin. A Quinnipiac University poll taken around the same time as the Susquehanna poll shows Obama leading Romney 50 percent to 46 percent.

Susquehanna's automated poll or 1,376 likely voters was taken between Oct. 11 and 13, before the second presidential debate Tuesday that many saw as a comeback for Obama since his Oct. 3 showdown with Romney.

Lee said Romney has made significant gains in the all-important suburbs of Philadelphia, a ring of counties that helped push Obama to victory in 2008.

"Republicans haven't been able to do that in 20 years," Lee said. "Romney has made some major inroads."

Lee said Romney also gained ground in western Pennsylvania, where socially conservative, blue-collar Democrats have turned their backs on Obama.

Susquehanna has traditionally shown a much tighter race between Obama and Romney than other polls, in part because it weighs its results by party registration. Firms that don't do this tend to over-sample Democrats.

Weighting results in Pennsylvania is particularly important, Lee said, "because we know with a pretty good degree of certainty how many registered Republicans and Democrats are going to show up" on Election Day.

sferrechio@washingtonexaminer.com

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Re: Poll shows Romney leading in blue Pennsylvania
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 07:07:41 PM »
Afraid to say the *L* word...don't want to jinx it.....

Support the USO

Offline Saltbag

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 07:09:57 PM »
I don't understand why any combat state that is also a "coal" state wouldn't tip away from Zero.
"Any act of government must necessarily reduce? freedom" - Thomas Sowell

Offline speekinout

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 07:32:29 PM »
I doubt that it matters if most Pennsylvanians prefer Romney. The Dim votes in Philly & Pittsburgh will carry the state. Remember that voter id didn't pass in PA.

Offline pjohns

Could Pennsylvania turn red this year?
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 07:53:17 PM »
A new poll actually shows Gov. Romney ahead in Pennsylvania.  And by four percentage points.

From the Washington Examiner:

A new poll shows Republican Mitt Romney leading in Pennsylvania, a state that Republicans had all but written off just weeks ago but which is now listed as a toss up by the Real Clear Politics website.

Susquehanna Polling and Research provided The Washington Examiner with a poll it conducted for state party officials that shows Romney with a 49 percent to 45 percent lead over President Obama.

It's the first poll to show Romney leading among likely voters in the Keystone State.

"The polling is very clear that the race is certainly up for grabs and Republicans have a tendency to never believe it," Susquehanna President James Lee told The Examiner. ...

Susquehanna has traditionally shown a much tighter race between Obama and Romney than other polls, in part because it weighs its results by party registration. Firms that don't do this tend to over-sample Democrats.

Here is the link to the full article on the subject:  http://washingtonexaminer.com/poll-shows-romney-leading-in-blue-pennsylvania/article/2511153#.UICNlcU8CSo

I had concluded (somewhat reluctantly) that Ohio is the key--that the winner of The Buckeye State will very likely win the presidential election.

But a Romney win in Pennsylvania could easily obviate the (apparent) need for the former governor of Massachusetts to win Ohio...

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 08:14:59 PM »
He would have to be ahead by 20 to win with Philly and Pittsburg .. the Black Panthers will see to that!

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 02:03:17 AM »
WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE POST THIS TO ME ON ELECTION NIGHT, WHEN WE WIN!! I WANT TO BE SURPRISED... LMAO

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M</a>

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 10:15:26 AM »
I don't understand why any combat state that is also a "coal" state wouldn't tip away from Zero.

They are. Remember PA had a severe undervote this year. Dems are sitting it out or changing to Romney. The cheating in Philly was the only concern.

I hope Romney pulls out of NC and goes to PA. He needs money and boots on the ground. People are disgusted with Obama in PA. And if PA goes Romney so will Ohio.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 10:21:06 AM by Gazoo »

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012, 01:41:32 PM »
best news of the day bflr!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf