Author Topic: Candy Crowley's Act of Journalistic Terrorism Failed to Help Obama on Libya  (Read 1110 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Candy Crowley's Act of Journalistic Terrorism Failed to Help Obama on Libya
October 17, 2012

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Candy Crowley had to go back and eat crow on CNN.  In a real world, she woulda committed career suicide last night, in the real world.  In the media world I grew up in, her career would be finished.  It won't be now, because she gave it her all for the good guys. She gave it all for the right side.  But she committed an act of journalistic terror or malpractice last night.  If there were any journalistic standards, what she did last night would have been the equivalent of blowing up her career like a suicide bomber.  But there aren't any journalistic standards anymore. She's going to be praised and celebrated, probably get a raise, maybe give her another half hour on that show she hosts.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I have another question, ladies and gentlemen: How does President Obama win any exchange on Libya when there are four dead Americans as a result of grossly inadequate security and protection? How does he win that? I know, I know, I know. They're all saying that Romney let him get away with lying about the terror attack statement instead of the video but the audience isn't letting him get away with it.

Ambassador Stevens wrote in his diary about inadequate security. The State Department turned him down. The regime blamed a video, a movie, and put the moviemaker in jail. Obama blamed the video six times at the UN. He sent the UN ambassador out on five television shows in one morning to blame the video!

How does Obama win any exchange when four Americans are dead and a lie has exploded in their faces? Let's go to the audio sound bites. What number did I tell you we're starting at? Number eight. Forget eight. To hell with it. It's Candy Crowley admitting she was wrong. We'll get to that later. Here's the montage of the regime blaming the video for the 9/11 attacks in Libya...

OBAMA 09.25.12: I don't care how offensive this video was -- and it was terribly offensive, and we should shun it.

HILLARY 09.13.12: This video is disgusting and reprehensible. It appears to have a deeply cynical purpose: To denigrate a great religion and to provoke rage.

CARNEY 09.14.12: Let's be clear: These protests were in reaction to a video that had spread to the region.

OBAMA 09.18.12: You had a video that was released by somebody who lives here, sort of a shadowy character who is (sic) extremely offensive video.

CARNEY 09.14.12: The unrest we've seen has been in reaction to a video.

OBAMA 09.25.12: It's a crude and disgusting video sparked outrage throughout the Muslim world.

SUSAN RICE 09.16.12: It was a spontaneous, not a premeditated, response -- a direct result of a heinous and offensive video.

OBAMA 09.25.12: I know there are some who ask, "Why don't we just ban such a video?" The answer is enshrined in our laws. Our Constitution protects the right to practice free speech.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=athcyCTnTTs

RUSH: That was Obama at the United Nations. And before that, the voice was Susan Rice, "It was a spontaneous, not a premeditated, response." You know, who cares what was said in the Rose Garden? The bottom line is, the regime, Obama, and everybody under his command blamed the video. But for the sake of truth, Obama did not call this a terrorist attack in the Rose Garden the day after.

Romney was right.

Candy Crowley has admitted she got it wrong. Go ahead, we might as well play it. Grab sound bite eight. This is Candy Crowley last night on CNN. Anderson Cooper said, "Candy, a moment which obviously now both campaigns will be focusing on. Tell us your thoughts during that moment." He means: You know, you acted like a replacement ref in the NFL. You went in and you tried to help Obama. Obama asked you to read the transcript, and you had the transcript!

Isn't that amazing?

Obama says (impression), "Check the transcript," and Candy Crowley had it! Did you notice that in this video? Romney goes out there and says, "You didn't call a terrorist attack. It's on the record. You want to say you called it a terrorist attack?" Obama points at Candy, "Check the transcript," and she lo and behold, she had it! Shazam! The president said to the moderator (impression), "Check the transcript," and she had it (laughs) and she read from it! And it was a lie. It was wrong, and so she walked it back last night.

CROWLEY: I kneeeew that the president had said, you know, these "acts of terrors" (sic) won't stand or whatever the -- the whole quote was. And -- I -- I -- I -- And I think, actually... Y-y-you know, because right after that, I did turn around and say, "But you were totally correct that they spent two weeks telling us this was about a tape and that there was this riot outside the Benghazi consulate, which there wasn't." So he was right in the main. I just think he picked the wrong word.

RUSH: So there's Candy Crowley admitting Romney was "right in the main" but "he picked the wrong word." What word did he use that was wrong? Terror? What word? It doesn't matter. See, I don't think... Well, I can't say it doesn't matter. They're trying to make a big deal out of it. But what he said in the Rose Garden is irrelevant. They spent two weeks blaming this video! Here's Jason Chaffetz, a congressman from Utah this morning on CNN. They had a panel discussion about all this, and Candy Crowley is on the panel and Chaffetz said this to her...

CHAFFETZ: I felt like it wasn't necessarily your place to try to be fact checker right there. I happened to think that your assessment of that was wrong, and so I was a bit frustrated on that particular point. I think you did great on other parts of it, but I really felt like you have two candidates disagreeing; it's not the role of the moderator to try to say, "Well, Mr. President, you're right."

RUSH: So what Jason Chaffetz was out there saying, ladies and gentlemen, is he was getting right in her grill. Right in her grill. He was almost giving her an enema. It was that close. Right to her face. Jason Chaffetz said things to her that most Republicans wouldn't. So, at any rate, they continue talking about it today within the context of Obama won on points. (laughing) I love it. Obama won on points?

END TRANSCRIPT

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2012/10/17/candy_crowley_s_act_of_journalistic_terrorism_failed_to_help_obama_on_libya
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I do NOT think there is a lot of upside, from dragging this issue on, and on.

Instead I suggest Romney-Ryan push hard on updated economic, unemployment, food stamps topics. And in a positive manner--we can and will do better.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I do NOT think there is a lot of upside, from dragging this issue on, and on.

Instead I suggest Romney-Ryan push hard on updated economic, unemployment, food stamps topics. And in a positive manner--we can and will do better.

Hopefully, Romney can work that in.  But this is a Foreign Policy debate.

Romney has a perfect opportunity to point out how Obama's direct actions have made the ME more unstable.  Libya should hopefully be only a couple of minutes.

Al Quada are in Iraq, the Kurds are freaking out in the north.....Assad is getting the Gaddafi treatment right now.  Mubarak....gone too, to the Muslim Brotherhood.

I also think Romney needs to point out that Israel will be in mortal danger if Obama is reelected.  Do it in a Reaganesque fashion.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald