Author Topic: Obama says debate prep 'going great'  (Read 1038 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Obama says debate prep 'going great'
« on: October 14, 2012, 04:40:57 PM »

Support the USO

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: Obama says debate prep 'going great'
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 04:44:19 PM »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 07:52:38 PM »
Town hall format or not, looks like Mitt can mop the floor with Barry O once again.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 07:58:09 PM »
Town hall format or not, looks like Mitt can mop the floor with Barry O once again.

How does Mitt do in townhalls?

Support the USO

Offline speekinout

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 09:19:06 PM »
I'm nervous about Mitt in this Townhall. He's always a bit stiff and doesn't come across as someone you'd like to have a malt with. The key is going to be whether he gets questions he's comfortable with. I'm guessing he's going to have to defend the 47% remarks and Bain. He'll also be attacked for not being "specific enough" about almost everything he's ever said. He's got to find a way to navigate all that without ever looking like he's on the defensive, and that's not something he does easily.

He could win if he's allowed to challenge some of 0bama's most outrageous answers, but I rather think Candy Crowley will be more like Martha Raddatz than like Jim Lehrer.

I'm not looking for this debate to be a help. I hope I'm just being paranoid.  :shrug:

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 09:23:33 PM »
I'm nervous about Mitt in this Townhall. He's always a bit stiff and doesn't come across as someone you'd like to have a malt with. The key is going to be whether he gets questions he's comfortable with. I'm guessing he's going to have to defend the 47% remarks and Bain. He'll also be attacked for not being "specific enough" about almost everything he's ever said. He's got to find a way to navigate all that without ever looking like he's on the defensive, and that's not something he does easily.

He could win if he's allowed to challenge some of 0bama's most outrageous answers, but I rather think Candy Crowley will be more like Martha Raddatz than like Jim Lehrer.

I'm not looking for this debate to be a help. I hope I'm just being paranoid.  :shrug:

I think he will do fine! He likes town halls. Although we know this one will be stacked. All he has to do is come across likable and presidential and it will be fine. He has relaxed a lot in the last month and half, since Ann and Tagg had a talk with his advisors. He was very relaxed and likable when I saw him here a few weeks ago.

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 09:25:36 PM »
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline speekinout

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 09:33:28 PM »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf