Author Topic: LIVE THREAD>>>>Vice Presidential Debate Topic: Foreign and domestic policy 9pm est.  (Read 46570 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
October 11, 2012
Vice Presidential
   Topic: Foreign and domestic policy
Air Time: 9:00-10:30 p.m. Eastern Time
Sponsor: Commission on Presidential Debates
Participants: Vice President Joe Biden and Congressman Paul Ryan
Moderator: Martha Raddatz (ABC News Chief Foreign Correspondent)

The debate will cover both foreign and domestic topics and be divided into nine time segments of approximately 10 minutes each. The moderator will ask an opening question, after which each candidate will have two minutes to respond. The moderator will use the balance of the time in the segment for a discussion of the question.
ill have two minutes to respond, and an additional minute for the moderator to facilitate a discussion. The town meeting participants will have two minutes to respond. The moderator will use the balance of the time in the segment for a discussion of the question.

Support the USO

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
So the moderator will ask one question they can go back and forth then discussion? (Which you know just like Sharyl Atkinson of CBS News that broke F&F,then got a screaming phone call from the WH) So did this moderator TO CONTROL and BAIT Ryan)

Even with the moderator knowing Obama well as he went to her wedding made the news. I still fully expect Biden to get softballs and Ryan to be ambushed. They are desperate.

Even with that Ryan will still win as Obama has NOTHING! His "I killed OBL and al- qaeda is on the run," line is now rendered meaningless. I hope Ryan makes it clear tonight that Obama's muslim brotherhood is al-qaeda and Obama usurped congress and sent them billions.

:2popcorn:
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

Support the USO

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
I think Biden's job is to promote the freshly cooked employment and jobs claims numbers as a way to neutralize Romney's mauling of his boss last week.  That is what those cooked numbers are all about - using them against Ryan as a way to get to Romney's main points from last week and call Romney a liar again...that all really is hopping and turning up in the jobs markets.  That will be what this debate is all about.  Ryan's ability to reinforce the Romney points and parry the claims of "everything is now turning up roses and we can't go back to the policies that created the mess" will be the deciding factor.

Ryan is not known as a foreign policy guy...so he could surprise here if he hammers Biden on the Benghazi disaster, and the broader Cairo Doctrine disaster.  Biden will parry with "we killed Bin Laden" hoping that Ryan doesn't have the ability to sell the new rise of Al Qaeda, the Muslim Brotherhood and radical Islam as part and parcel of Obama's appeasement strategy.  If Ryan sells that and destroys the cooked unemployment numbers then Ryan wins in another rout.  If Biden sells the trickery and Ryan is ineffective in introducing Obama's foreign policy disasters, then  Biden will have done his job and helped staunch the bleeding.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Lando Lincoln

Paul Ryan has had nine... nine!... full 90 minute practice debates preparing for tonite.  Former Solicitor General Ted Olson has taken the role of Biden.  As quick of a study Paul Ryan is, he will be ready. 
For the progressive, there is very little to love about the United States. Washington, Jefferson, Madison? A bunch of rotten slaveholders, hypocrites, and cowards even when their hearts were in the right places. The Declaration of Independence? A manifesto for the propertied classes. The Constitution? An artifact of sexism and white supremacy. The sacrifices in the great wars of the 20th century? Feeding the poor and the disenfranchised into the meat-grinder of imperialism. The gifts of Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Morgan, Astor? Blood money from self-aggrandizing robber barons. Nat Rev

Offline Lando Lincoln

Paul Ryan is ready.

For the progressive, there is very little to love about the United States. Washington, Jefferson, Madison? A bunch of rotten slaveholders, hypocrites, and cowards even when their hearts were in the right places. The Declaration of Independence? A manifesto for the propertied classes. The Constitution? An artifact of sexism and white supremacy. The sacrifices in the great wars of the 20th century? Feeding the poor and the disenfranchised into the meat-grinder of imperialism. The gifts of Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Morgan, Astor? Blood money from self-aggrandizing robber barons. Nat Rev

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Last debate I reminded all to pray as this is not just the superbowl of political junkies. It is whether people work or foreclose on homes and get a destroyed America all on food stamps. Or...even exist as Obama canned missile defense and funds terrorists. It is frightening and surreal.

Please say a prayer.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
Paul Ryan is ready.

Ryan is ten times the brute that guy in the pix is!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

• TBR Contributor
Paul Ryan has had nine... nine!... full 90 minute practice debates preparing for tonite.  Former Solicitor General Ted Olson has taken the role of Biden.  As quick of a study Paul Ryan is, he will be ready.

This is very impressive...and reassuring on so many levels.
"January 20th 2017 will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again."  --  President Donald J. Trump

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Just checking in before things get going....if this is only half as much fun as the debate last week was then we are in for an outstanding night.

I'm watching Stephie Cutter on Special Report, and I'm convinced she could be really nasty if you got her drunk and wound up.....

Offline Puss-N-Boots

• God. Family. Seahawks!
Checking in from vacation in Arizona.  I won't be watching, but I'll pop in once in a while to see what's happening.  You all behave!  (Or not.)

:silly:
The Constitution is not a suggestion.

Offline A.Hun

• Common sense is no longer common
    • Right of Atilla
I think only good can come from this debate for the GOP ticket. A poor showing by Ryan is not going to hurt Romney IMHO...because of his age and the fact that this is the VP slot.

However, after Obama's terrible showing, if Ryan dismantles Biden (which I fully expect), the Dems are in even deeper trouble. Biden has the same problem that Obama had..the facts are against him on every subject. The Obama administration has bungled every facet of governing this nation: economic, social, and foreign policy. Ryan is smart enough to point everyone of them out!

For me, its moot. I early voted for Romney/Ryan this afternoon!

:patriot:

Offline R4 TrumPence

Well I am home and ready to Rumble!  :politics:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Okay... I did a quick channel search. Shep on Fox is blah blah blah. The man hates politics it seems. He was asking some Obama campaign rep questions. He started by saying "with the good news in the jobs market today that should favor Obama, correct"? (It's like he just reads or he is a democrat or he is watching some sports game on the side as he could care less.)

The democrat campaign spokesperson replied with about 5 minutes of the biggest load of BS ever said in politics. He said, "we must keep the economy going strong as it is now as Obama fixed it. We must move Forward and not back to the Bush Recession." Is this for real their new talking point?

Then I had the nerve tonight, to leave it on MSNBC for as long as I could take it. Chrissie is hosting tonight and he is there at the debate LIVE. Chrissie seems giddy and always smiling. I can't tell if he is just excited as he gets off on speaking about Tip Oneal and debates. Or if he swallowed a canary and knows something we don't....like Obama was fed the questions and has an ear piece, or something. It was scary.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 08:16:14 PM by Gazoo »

Offline R4 TrumPence

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
I am going to watch C-Span so I can see the candidates arrive and their families.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I'm here.  I having been praying all day for the truth to be shown tonight for everyone to see, and that lies will be exposed.  I feel like Ryan will do a good job tonight. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline R4 TrumPence

I am getting excited and nervous! 30 min. to go!

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
I'm up, on C-Span, relatively well oiled but still coherent and ready to go....

We had almost 1800 views on the live discussion thread for the first debate and I expect we'll do at least that well tonight.

Time to put up an appropriately Joe Biden-esque avatar for this evening....

:beer:

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Hoping for another great night (will take good, thank you).

At work for another 20 minutes, then have to pick up dinner, then home...will miss the first hour or more, like last time...but like last time I'm hoping the comments here light my way.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I hope Ryan gets the opportunity to work in talking about the jobs numbers - last week's dip under 8% and todays numbers - WITH ONE LARGE UNIDENTIFIED STATE NOT REPORTING!
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
I'm very nervous since Joey Biden is a pathological liar and will do/say anything to make points......good luck Paul!

Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

Support the USO

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf