Author Topic: Obama, Heller lead in Nevada  (Read 705 times)

Offline R4 TrumPence

Obama, Heller lead in Nevada
« on: October 10, 2012, 07:00:20 PM »
Obama, Heller lead in Nevada

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2012/10/obama-heller-lead-in-nevada-1.html

PPP's newest Nevada poll finds Barack Obama's lead in the state falling to 4 points at 51-47. He had led by a 52-43 margin in the middle of last month. That five point decline for Obama is consistent with what we've been seeing in most of our national and state level polling since last week's debate.

Romney's seen a big improvement in his favorability rating. The last time we polled on that in August he was at 46/49 in Nevada and now he's improved a net 7 points to 50/46. The good news for Obama is that his own approval, at 49/48, is slightly better than it was in August as well when he was at 48/49. Romney's climb is more about his own image improving than a decline for Obama.

Romney's big gain over the last month has been with white voters, who he's going from leading 52-45 with to 55-42. He's made gains across the party spectrum, notably increasing his crossover support with Democrats from 10% to 16% and cutting Obama's lead with independents from 15 points down to 7 points.

The main groups fueling Obama's continued lead are Hispanics, who give him a 67-32 advantage, and young voters who favor him 67-33.

When Gary Johnson's included he gets 3% and actually takes mostly from Obama, pulling his lead over Romney down to 48/47. That could be something worth keeping an eye on.

In the Senate race Dean Heller holds a small lead over Shelley Berkley with 47% to her 44%. Independent American Party candidate David Lory VanderBeek gets 4%. Nevadans give Heller narrowly positive approval numbers, with 44% of voters happy with the job he's doing to 42% who disapprove. Berkley's suffering from high negatives with just 40% of voters rating her favorably to 51% who have an unfavorable opinion. Heller's winning independents 47-37 and taking 85% of the Republican vote to Berkley's 76% of Democrats.

Brian Sandoval continues to be one of the more popular Governors in the country with a 52% approval rating to 27% of voters who disapprove of him. He leads a generic Democratic opponent for reelection by a 53/34 margin, winning independents 51-27 and taking 24% of the Democratic vote. Sandoval's popularity doesn't extend to a desire for a Republican controlled legislature though- Democrats lead the generic ballot there by a 45/43 margin.

Harry Reid's approval rating is about where it always is with 44% of voters approving of him to 51% who disapprove. It's 35/58 with independents.

Full results here
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 07:01:00 PM by Repub4Rē »

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
Re: Obama, Heller lead in Nevada
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 07:09:21 PM »
Is this registered or likely voters?

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 07:20:40 PM »
Is this registered or likely voters?

check the link in  the last sentence

Offline Frank Cannon

• Frank Cannon: "I need a drink."
    • Bum Wine
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 01:57:23 AM »
I read that the key to winning NV is Clark County. There is a certain tipping point were even if the Rat running has an overwhelming lead there, if it is not big enough, the state goes GOP. The article, which I can't find now, showed that Zero was very close to going under that magical tipping point. I don't think all is lost there yet for Romney, especially with a big enthusiasm gap.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 02:43:00 AM »
I read that the key to winning NV is Clark County. There is a certain tipping point were even if the Rat running has an overwhelming lead there, if it is not big enough, the state goes GOP. The article, which I can't find now, showed that Zero was very close to going under that magical tipping point. I don't think all is lost there yet for Romney, especially with a big enthusiasm gap.
Yes that was posted here. If he only wins Clark by a few % then we have the state!
 I am voting in Clark, doing my part! so are scott and sweetie!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 02:44:31 AM by Repub4Rē »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf