Author Topic: Can Paul Ryan seal the deal for Mitt Romney by defeating Joe Biden in Kentucky debate? By Toby Harnden  (Read 566 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

Can Paul Ryan seal the deal for Mitt Romney by defeating Joe Biden in Kentucky debate?

Expectations are high that Republican vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan will win the debate against Vice President Joe Biden
    Biden, a senator for 36 years, is a far more experienced debater than Ryan, who is 27 years younger than Biden
    Republican nominee Mitt Romney is tamping down expectations that Ryan will win the debate to avoid negative fallout if his running mate fails to impress

By Toby Harnden

PUBLISHED: 10:25 EST, 10 October 2012 | UPDATED: 12:40 EST, 10 October 2012

Paul Ryan, who was just two years old when Vice President Joe Biden entered the U.S. Senate, could deliver a major blow to President Barack Obama's hopes of re-election if he prevails in tomorrow's debate in Kentucky.

Although the Romney campaign has been publicly playing down the chances of Representative Ryan, chairman of the House Budget Committee, scoring a major victory in the vice-presidential debate, privately hopes are high that he could do very well.

Biden, who was a Senator for 36 years, is legendarily verbose and prone to verbal slips which have been a boon to the Romney campaign - most particularly when he said Republicans wanted to 'put y'all back in chains' and when he said the middle class had been 'buried' under Obama.

Ryan, just 42, is widely seen as one of the most intellectually impressive of a new Republican generation, a policy expert steeped in the minutiae of the economy and who entered Congress in 1999 when he was just 28 - two years younger then Biden was when he became a Senator in 1972.

A new Pew Research Centre poll has found that voters view Biden less favourably than Ryan and much worse than they did when he debated the 2008 Republican vice- presidential candidate Sarah Palin.

By a 40 per cent to a 34 per cent margin, voters expect Ryan to beat Biden at their Thursday debate in Danville, Kentucky. Among independents, 42 to 25 per cent believe Ryan will win.

Support the USO
#NeverHillary  Not#NeverTrump

Online Oceander

• Technical
  • SMOD 2016
I am just itchin' to see this debate!
I won't vote for Clinton, but I cannot vote for Trump.  How could I explain to my daughter why I supported a man who sees her as nothing more than a piece of meat, a piece of a$$ for him to grope for his own private pleasure.

"Trump supporter" - the very definition of an SFI

Offline R4 TrumPence

• Owner
  • Administrator

Well as I posted on the thread yesterday. Dems and Repubs in the house dread it when they thave to debate Ryan. They say he is the best debater in the house!

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Allegra

I expect it to be quite entertaining.   :laugh:
Don not wait to. There was not the shadow of the wall and another shade of eye gaze, we don not go Nvragr not find the light went shadow Nnvr.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
After the news of this morning, I think the deal's already sealed.  But it will still be fun watching Ryan mop the floor with Plugs.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo