Author Topic: Romney scores ‘Friday Night Lights’ author endorsement 'Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose?'  (Read 578 times)

Offline R4 TrumPence

• Owner
  • Administrator
Romney scores ‘Friday Night Lights’ author endorsement

Pulitzer Prize winner Buzz Bissinger calls Romney’s tax plan ‘mystery meat’ but says the Republican challenger won his support in last week's debate.

MONDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2012, 12:33 PM

Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose?

"Friday Night Lights" author Buzz Bissinger endorsed Mitt Romney on Monday, lending some legitimacy to his campaign's use of the Dillon Panthers’ catchphrase.
Both presidential campaigns have tried at various times to co-opt the often-quoted pre-game chant, "Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose."
The Obama campaign quoted the slogan this May as it tweeted a photo of the president tossing a football.
The Romney campaign has featured the slogan on campaign signs and used "Clear Eyes. Full Hearts" as the subject of a fundraising email sent to supporters by Ann Romney on Sunday.
Romney also quoted the saying at a Friday night fundraiser in Florida, as he told the story of ministering to 14-year-old leukemia patient who later died.
“I thought of that wonderful slogan some years later: clear eyes, full heart, can’t lose,” Romney said, according to Politico. “David passed away, but I’ll always remember — never forget — his courage, his clear eyes, full heart. He won’t lose.”
The Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist wrote in a column for The Daily Beast that he came down in Romney's favor after Obama appeared "burnt out" in last week's debate.

The Romney campaign used "Clear Eyes. Full Hearts" as the subject of a fundraising email sent to supporters by Ann Romney.

“I have never seen a performance worse than Obama’s, distracted, his head dipped into the podium as if avoiding the smell of something rotten, acting above the very idea that a debate does provide a pivotal referendum on his first term as it has for all incumbent presidents,” Bissinger wrote.
Bissinger said he is also “tired of Obama’s constant demonization, of those he spits out as ‘millionaires and billionaires,’ as pariahs.”
He acknowledged, however, that Romney’s tax plan has been “mystery meat.”
The five-season run of “Friday Night Lights” wrapped up in 2011.

Read more:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo