Author Topic: Axelrod: Obama 'taken aback by the brazenness' of Romney's debate performance  (Read 1102 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

Axelrod: Obama 'taken aback by the brazenness' of Romney's debate performance
10/7/12 10:52 AM EDT

Obama senior campaign adviser David Axelrod on Sunday said Republican Mitt Romney delivered a “very good performance” at the first presidential debate that was “completely un-rooted in fact” and the president was “taken aback at the brazenness” of the Republican nominee's answers.

CBS’s “Face the Nation” host Bob Schieffer kicked off the conversation “with the obvious question — what happened?”

“The president showed up with the intent of answering questions and having a discussion, an honest discussion of where we will go as a country, and Romney showed up to deliver a performance, and he delivered a very good performance,” Axelrod said. “It was completely un-rooted in fact, it was completely un-rooted in the positions he’s taken before and he spent 90 minutes trying to undo two years of campaigning on that stage, but he did it very well.”

Schieffer followed up by asking if he was saying Romney “lied or was dishonest?”

“Well, yeah, I think he was dishonest,” Axelrod said.

“I’m saying he was dishonest in his answers, you can characterize that any way you want,” Axelrod later added.

Axelrod also addressed President Barack Obama’s performance, saying the president is his own harshest critic and “I think you can assume he’s reviewed the tape and it will inform how he handles the subsequent debates.”

As for why Obama did not address Romney’s “47 percent” comments at the debate, Axelrod said “the president obviously didn’t see the appropriate opportunity.”

“The president was earnestly trying to answer questions that were asked on the topics that were being discussed, and he didn’t find the opportunity to raise it, and it’s obviously well known,” Axelrod said.

Obama, Axelrod said, “was a little taken aback by the brazenness with which Gov. Romney walked away” from his past positions and his record.

“That’s something we’re going to have to make an adjustment for in these subsequent debates,” Axelrod said.

Support the USO
#NeverHillary  Not#NeverTrump

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Calling Romney a liar won't work.

Making excuses for the empty chair boy won't work.

Obama cannot campaign on one stinking thing he has done so he attacked Romney and called him names.

Humpty Dumpty had a great fall

All of Larry King's horses, And all of the Mainstream Media's men. Couldn't put Humpty Dumpty back together again
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 03:02:24 PM by Gazoo »
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Allegra

I love seeing the thugocracy getting so outraged that someone dared to criticize The One.  I pray Romney keeps it up.  It's throwing that narcissist off of his game big time.
Don not wait to. There was not the shadow of the wall and another shade of eye gaze, we don not go Nvragr not find the light went shadow Nnvr.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo