Author Topic: Gibbs calls Romney's debate performance 'masterful'  (Read 428 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Gibbs calls Romney's debate performance 'masterful'
« on: October 07, 2012, 10:24:46 AM »

Gibbs calls Romney's debate performance 'masterful'
10/7/12 10:15 AM EDT

Senior adviser Robert Gibbs praised Mitt Romney's debate performance Wednesday night as "masterful" — three times.

Speaking on ABC's "This Week," Gibbs gave Romney credit for a "theatrical" performance that he called "dishonest."

"Gov. Romney had a masterful theatrical performance just this past week, but the underpinnings and foundations of that performance were fundamentally dishonest," Gibbs said.

"He walked away from the central tenet of his economic theory by saying he had no idea what the president was talking about.  Ten minutes after the debate, even his own staff is walking back his answers on health care and preexisting conditions," he said.

"I don’t want to take anything away from what I think, again, was a masterful, masterful performance by Gov. Romney," Gibbs said. "But I don’t think Governor Romney’s positions have changed, and fundamentally, I don’t think the campaign has changed."

Gibbs: Obama knew he goofed during debate
10/7/12 10:13 AM EDT

Obama campaign senior adviser Robert Gibbs says President Barack Obama knew he lost the debate on Wednesday.

"I think the president understood that he hadn't performed up to his own expectations pretty quickly after he got off the stage that night," Gibbs said Sunday on ABC's "This Week."

Obama's debate performance was widely panned, with two snap polls showing Romney winning. Since the Wednesday primetime debate, polls have tightened across the country pointing to a closer race.

Support the USO
#NeverHillary  Not#NeverTrump

Offline Chieftain

• Your what hurts??
Re: Gibbs calls Romney's debate performance 'masterful'
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 10:48:48 AM »
Gee.  I wonder how he would characterize his boss's performance.....

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo