Author Topic: Expectations run high for Biden-Ryan debate  (Read 834 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Expectations run high for Biden-Ryan debate
« on: October 07, 2012, 08:59:30 AM »

Support the USO

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: Expectations run high for Biden-Ryan debate
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 09:54:06 AM »
The thing to worry about with Biden is that when he is cornered he has no compunction whatsoever about spewing forth outright lies in a very convincing manner.  He can make shit up on the fly that will leave you convinced that he knows what he is talking about, only to find out later that he made the whole thing up.

I have the utmost confidence in Paul Ryan, and I think he has the potential to mop the floor with Plugs even worse than Mitt did to Obama.  Biden is his own worst enemy, and he has repeatedly ended up with both of his feet crammed down his own throat.  It will be very entertaining to watch, and I look forward to blogging that one live here as well.......

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 10:01:12 AM »
The thing that makes me nervous about Biden is his affability--his ability to connect with Joe Everyman.  Yes, we all know he is a buffoon, but he CAN connect with people, especially the working class, and come across as a very warm, likeable and endearing guy.  Heck, he's gotten elected enough times.

Ryan can EASILY deconstruct the lies and distortions, but he must do it in such a way as to not come across like he's mopping the floor with Biden.   Watching such a spectacle would be eye-candy to all of us, but its the mushy undecideds and fence-sitting Dems that R/R are trying to win over at this point.

Thank God that Ryan is such an affable guy himself but I hope the Romney team is coaching him not to get too wonky.   

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 03:38:22 PM »
The thing to worry about with Biden is that when he is cornered he has no compunction whatsoever about spewing forth outright lies in a very convincing manner.  He can make shit up on the fly that will leave you convinced that he knows what he is talking about, only to find out later that he made the whole thing up.

absolutely!  Biden will be Biden Thursday night and I predict it is not going to be a good thing for Paul Ryan who is a wonk........ I live Ryan, but I am worried about this debate....

Offline speekinout

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 06:55:39 PM »
One big difference between the two teams is who they choose for advice. Team Romney chose Portman and Olsen as debate coaches. Those are both men of stature who understand positions on both sides and have had success working both sides of the aisle.
Team 0bama chose Kerry & Van Hollen, both of whom are party hacks and have no clue about how to work with anyone other than fellow party hacks.
Biden is going to be hurt, not helped, by whatever advice he takes from Van Hollen. I am not at all concerned, except that maybe Ryan will look too dominant and bullying.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 07:17:28 PM »
I watched the Stossell special on behind the scenes of campaigns,  Rove mentioned in the townhall debate where Gore walked into Bush's space... Judd Gregg had been Bush's debate coach and he had observed Gore had a habit of doing that to try and intimidate people, so bush prepared for that and is why when Gore did just that Bush gave that little grin and a wink and totally won that debate... now Romney nor Ryan likely could pull that particular move off because that was pure GWBush personality on display with that response... but it shows that you prepare and then use your own personality to overcome the move,.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf