Author Topic:  (Read 868 times)

Offline Rapunzel

« on: October 06, 2012, 09:23:56 PM »

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 09:37:31 PM »
I think Ryan's biggest challenge is to try and keep a straight face while he tries to debate Plugs....

Online Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 09:41:15 PM »
I have a feeling that Ryan is good enough at thinking on his feet that he'll be in a position to say something along the lines of "there you go again, again" when Biden starts pulling the real junk out of his nether regions.

Offline happyg

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 11:38:40 PM »
I have a feeling that Ryan is good enough at thinking on his feet that he'll be in a position to say something along the lines of "there you go again, again" when Biden starts pulling the real junk out of his nether regions.

I hope so. It's a lot different debating while 30 or so million people are watching, and scrutinizing each word. There are some good comebacks to throw at Biden that might stick. The problem will be one lie after another, and the moderator will probably not allow a complete response because of time. No matter what Biden says, I believe Ryan will win. I prefer to see Biden look like the fool he is.

Online Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 11:40:30 PM »
I hope so. It's a lot different debating while 30 or so million people are watching, and scrutinizing each word. There are some good comebacks to throw at Biden that might stick. The problem will be one lie after another, and the moderator will probably not allow a complete response because of time. No matter what Biden says, I believe Ryan will win. I prefer to see Biden look like the fool he is.

I think the main thing for Ryan to do is what Romney did - attack from a very different perspective, and rather than trying to dodge the common, unfounded, accusations, accept them, embrace them, and explain why they aren't the bogey-men the democrats make them out to be.  In other words, use political judo to put Biden off his feed.

Offline happyg

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 11:49:32 PM »
I believe Ryan will do just that. Sometimes, I wish it was a Ryan/Romney ticket, but if Romney can get rid of Obama, then more power to him. I remember how Reagan was made fun of, and how he proved the naysayers wrong. Romney might do the same. We don't know that yet. I also recall that his dad, George, wanted the presidency, so maybe Mitt will have more incentive to make the memory of his father mean even more.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 11:51:14 PM »
David Axelrod has now taken over debate camp...........

not kidding............

Offline happyg

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 12:02:30 AM »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf