Author Topic: Obama finally gets in his witty replies to Romney - 48 hours late. Did the TWO teleprompters help a bit?  (Read 586 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

Obama finally gets in his witty replies to Romney - 48 hours late. Did the TWO teleprompters help a bit?

By Toby Harnden In Fairfax, Virginia

PUBLISHED: 13:07 EST, 5 October 2012 | UPDATED: 17:29 EST, 5 October 2012

Speaking at an event in Fairfax, Virginia, a relaxed and confident President Barack Obama had plenty of witty retorts and quotable sound bites to aim at his challenger Mitt Romney.

The problem was that they came a day and a half after he had been demolished by Romney during the first presidential debate in Denver and were scripted and delivered with the aid of a pair of teleprompters flanking the stage.

‘Now, my opponent, you know, has been trying to do a two-step and reposition and got an extreme makeover,’ Obama, speaking against a backdrop of 150 women of shapes sizes and ethnicities gathered on a stage at George Mason University, said to chuckles.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 12:11:01 PM by mysteR²y-ak »

Support the USO
#NeverHillary  Not#NeverTrump

Online Oceander

• Technical
  • SMOD 2016
It's pretty easy when you can read lines someone else wrote for you and when the target of your vitriol isn't there to defend himself, isn't it Mr. Obama.
I won't vote for Clinton, but I cannot vote for Trump.  How could I explain to my daughter why I supported a man who sees her as nothing more than a piece of meat, a piece of a$$ for him to grope for his own private pleasure.

"Trump supporter" - the very definition of an SFI

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Not to mention the replies weren't very witty anyway.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Rapunzel

I loved Romney's comment to a crowd last night:  "did you hear my oponent the other night in the debate".... crowd nooooooooooo  Romney, I didn't hear anything either! 

Romney is finally relaxing and showing who he really is... and it works for him.
“The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.” G Washington July 2, 1776

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo