Author Topic: Meatloaf, mashed potatoes... and a doggie bag! Oprah joins Mitt and Ann Romney at home for a cooking session  (Read 1814 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2213555/Meatloaf-mashed-potatoes--doggie-bag-Oprah-joins-Mitt-Ann-Romney-home-cooking-session.html

Meatloaf, mashed potatoes... and a doggie bag! Oprah joins Mitt and Ann Romney at home for a cooking session

By Sadie Whitelocks

PUBLISHED: 15:39 EST, 5 October 2012 | UPDATED: 19:05 EST, 5 October 2012

The Obamas have a well-documented relationship with Oprah, but now Mitt and Ann Romney have opened up to the chat show host for the first time.

The Republican power couple welcomed the media mogul into their roomy New Hampshire holiday home on Lake Winnipesaukee, to talk about family, religion, food and, of course, politics.

Casually dressed in jeans, with the top button of his shirt undone, the presidential nominee even took it upon himself to pack Ms Winfrey a doggie bag for the road, as they finished off in the kitchen.

irst meeting: Mitt and Ann Romney welcomed Oprah Winfrey into their roomy New Hampshire holiday home

Ann makes these little meatloaf cakes with sweet sauce on top.

'Meatloaf cakes and mashed potatoes. Best thing in the world,' he exclaimed during the interview, which is included in the November issue of  O, The Oprah Magazine.

snip

Support the USO

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

I bet she won't find one speck of arugula, either.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• Krampus
Does it meet Michelle's healthy-eating guidelines?

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
What does The Oprah think she is going to show the Romneys about cooking for five boys??

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
Didn't Oprah go whole hog for Obuttocks last time 'round?  Don't tell me even she's giving up on wonderboy.

Offline Rapunzel

Didn't Oprah go whole hog for Obuttocks last time 'round?  Don't tell me even she's giving up on wonderboy.

Oprah learned the hard way when she alienated over half her audience in 2008 when she refused to interview McCain or Palin out of deference to Obama.... her career has never been the same since.

Offline AbaraXas

• ?? ??????? ?????
  • Social Media Advisor
  • Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

I don't know if she is in for Romney, but I know she is a pretty smart woman and has to realize what this economy is doing to her network.
http://www.inquisitr.com/207766/oprahs-own-network-fires-nearly-30-people-as-ratings-continue-to-suffer/

Earlier this year, Oprah said she wouldn't campaign for Obama but is behind him.
http://www.rttnews.com/1854630/oprah-won-t-campaign-for-obama-in-2012.aspx

It almost seems as though she is either a fair weather friend or she is concerned about alienating any of her audience from either side.  She frames her statements like a politician.

Offline Rapunzel

Oprah didn't get where she is today being dumb, she let her pride in ethnicity get in the way of her head in 08, I don't think she will do it again... once burned.....

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf