Author Topic: Obama plans Virginia debate camp  (Read 2231 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Obama plans Virginia debate camp
« on: October 05, 2012, 12:47:14 PM »
http://www.politico.com/politico44/?hp=44

Obama plans Virginia debate camp
By BYRON TAU |
10/5/12 11:30 AM EDT

Chicago Sun-Times' Lynn Sweet reports:

To remedy this, there will be more extensive preparation for Obama before the next showdown -- now much higher stakes for Obama -- at Hofstra University. Obama will set up debate camp at the end of next week in Williamsburg, Va.

Obama may not be adding more rehearsal time -- but as senior adviser David Axelrod says, he's going to be more strategic about how he uses it.

And on Obama's debate sparring partner -- Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.), who wants to be secretary of state in a second Obama term -- with his future in the balance, will he be able to be more aggressive and push back against Obama now that Romney has shown his stuff?

Support the USO

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Obama plans Virginia debate camp
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 04:33:56 PM »
Good luck getting him to settle down and practice.......   :silly: :silly: :silly:

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 04:41:21 PM »
"Debate Camp" for Empty Chair Boy

Counting on Lurch Kerry (because he wants Hillary's job) to win 

And 0bama is gonna win now because he will tell the TRUTH (since when?) and Romney lied...

The only times 0bama has not lied are when he said if there is a line drawn in the sand he will side with muslims. That he will bankrupt coal. He will redistribute wealth to all of his campaign donors.

0000not happening 0000happy
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 04:56:47 PM by Gazoo »
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 04:58:44 PM »
Somebody check and see if the part of Kentucky they will be debating in has any hills or mountains so 0bama does not get altitude sick  :whistle:

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 05:11:02 PM »
I laughed listening to Pat & Stu late last night... they had a caller who commented that Obama spends sooooo much time flying around on AF1 that if the altitude in Denver bothered him it is really scary to think how out of it he must be when he is in AF1 carrying on business......

Online Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 05:15:25 PM »
Romney has been practicing since the beginning of September.  Obama was utterly unprepared for Wednesday's debate.  What makes him think he'll be even remotely prepared in 11 days?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 07:49:57 PM »
Obama may not be adding more rehearsal time -- but as senior adviser David Axelrod says, he's going to be more strategic about how he uses it.

Sure .... that'll work.   88devil
"January 20th 2017 will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again."  --  President Donald J. Trump

Offline jmyrlefuller

• Krampus
  • Angry goat-like creature
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 07:52:24 PM »
Debate preparation is such a drag, though.

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 07:52:31 PM »
Romney has been practicing since the beginning of September.  Obama was utterly unprepared for Wednesday's debate.  What makes him think he'll be even remotely prepared in 11 days?

Here's why:

Can't make this stuff up ....  :laughingdog:
"January 20th 2017 will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again."  --  President Donald J. Trump

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2012, 07:54:51 PM »
Maybe wear a wire in the next debate. 

Put ringers as the question-askers in the audience and feed the answers to Obama in his ear???  other than that.. he can get laryngitis and have to back out at the last minute

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2012, 08:04:26 PM »

Offline speekinout

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2012, 09:27:40 PM »
Yes. This "debate" will be about abortion, contraceptives paid for by insurance cos. (employers), entitlements, "0bama phones", sick children, and every other tear jerking situation any of us can dream up.
Before the first debate, I would have been sure that this one would be the end for Romney. Now I think he will do just fine against our "panderer in chief". If he can manage to communicate that the choice is between getting a job so that you can have any of this stuff you want and constantly begging the gov't for it, his side will prevail.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2012, 09:56:13 PM »
Obama will probably feel real comfortable in this debate.  It's a town hall format filled with "undecided" voters so expect lots of "questions" about all kinds of government assistance programs, including birth control and free tuition.

I'm expecting every question to begin with:  "How would you help with ......"  And every Obama answer to begin with:  "Romney won't ........"

With liberals in charge they will hand pick and coach the people.

I can see it now... President Obama, How will you help me because I lost my job my healthcare and my car and I am homeless. And 0bama will go on and on after addressing her by first name like he gives a rats petard. And not one soul will stop to think SHE IS HOMELESS because of Obama's policies. Romney won't be able to speak unless he is addressed.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2012, 09:59:45 PM »
Yes. This "debate" will be about abortion, contraceptives paid for by insurance cos. (employers), entitlements, "0bama phones", sick children, and every other tear jerking situation any of us can dream up.
Before the first debate, I would have been sure that this one would be the end for Romney. Now I think he will do just fine against our "panderer in chief". If he can manage to communicate that the choice is between getting a job so that you can have any of this stuff you want and constantly begging the gov't for it, his side will prevail.

Axie and Obama want to paint Romney as the extremist regarding their new code word for abortion, womens rights. When Romney is asked about abortion he should describe that Obama is for a baby's head being jabbed with hemostats until it is dead. And then say, now THAT is extreme.

Offline speekinout

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2012, 10:11:29 PM »
Axie and Obama want to paint Romney as the extremist regarding their new code word for abortion, womens rights. When Romney is asked about abortion he should describe that Obama is for a baby's head being jabbed with hemostats until it is dead. And then say, now THAT is extreme.

Absolutely not! Romney has to get that subject off the table. He does not need to inflame anyone about it. He should say that is not an issue for the feds. Roe v Wade is the law of the land, and everyone should be able to choose the health care they want.
This campaign is about individual choice vs gov't control. We don't have to be arguing about what gov't should approve of/pay for/promote.

Online Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2012, 11:03:40 PM »
Absolutely not! Romney has to get that subject off the table. He does not need to inflame anyone about it. He should say that is not an issue for the feds. Roe v Wade is the law of the land, and everyone should be able to choose the health care they want.
This campaign is about individual choice vs gov't control. We don't have to be arguing about what gov't should approve of/pay for/promote.

I couldn't agree with you more.  Absolutely, absolutely, absolutey!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2012, 12:02:17 AM »
BTW a CEO was on Greta last hour, employers are all getting their 2013 premiums and they are going up 20%, he said most companies are likely going to drop their health plans.

Online Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2012, 12:10:29 AM »

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2012, 12:14:50 AM »
Well...if Obama is practicing a little for the next debate, may I suggest he develop...or grow, depending on his species...a personality before he attempts to go on camera before the American people.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Online Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2012, 12:16:50 AM »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2012, 12:18:17 AM »
That should be a backdrop to either Ryan's beat-down on Biden or Romney's next tangle with Obuttocks.  What would be particularly nice would be a little visual aid to go with the discussion, something showing the acceleration of premiums since Obastardcare was enacted.

if anyone can slip this in.. Paul Ryan can.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2012, 12:26:43 AM »
Obama is very afraid of Romney. He is intimidated! His cowering the other night was a sign of it.  Romney is the strong older white man that knows what he is talking about. Obama is the weak child that has been thrown the crown by a bunch of evil communists, like himself, but smarter.
Obama's narcissistic personality also now let's Mitt live rent free in his head, and that will not go away, no matter how well, he tries to do in the "setup" townhall debate. When he sees Mitt he gets angry and scared, because he can't measure up to him!

You remember the bully(wimp) in school? Talks a big game until GAME time! That is O.

I watched the debate 4 times now and the more I watch it, the more I see what appears to be a battered child, and I don't mean that jokingly!

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2012, 12:48:07 AM »
Obama is buoyed by his adoring audiences so I expect he will do better in the Townhall...I hope Romney is gaming this..... one thing Tanya the body language expert said is Mitt needs to lose the grin...

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2012, 12:51:30 AM »

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2012, 12:53:06 AM »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf